PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What does this do to Sasser?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: What does this do to Sasser?

Postby smu'06 » Sat May 12, 2001 8:33 pm

Quick note:
A few of the players have not signed officially with agents, therefore, they can still get out of the draft, by June 20th.
I know Clancy is one of them.

If they (non-agent players) stay in, and are not happy or undrafted, they can return to play NCAA Ball, provided they send letter of intent to their respective AD within 30 days of the draft.
Those drafted, that did not sign with an agent, who return, may not re-enter the draft, they will be required to enventually report to their drafted team. Vashon Leonard (U. Minnesota/ Miami Heat) is the last example of this, that I remember.
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Mon May 14, 2001 1:07 pm

SMU'06, just thought you might want to know since you seem to be learning SMU's history, that your plan about pulling out of the draft, is what Sasser did last year.

In response to the topic's question, I think that has an affect on his status, but those names might be configured into the mock drafts already.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby Damon'sDaMan » Tue May 15, 2001 12:09 pm

There are a lot of strong players on that list -- and that list doesn't even include the European players and college seniors. Jeryl may have fallen all the way out of the draft.
Damon'sDaMan
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball