PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Perhaps this will slow the flow of salty tears

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Perhaps this will slow the flow of salty tears

Postby CoxMustangFan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:15 am

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/winners_and_losers_from_the_2014_ncaa_tournament/16238119

"Loser: The selection committee’s handling of the AAC
On Selection Sunday, the American Athletic Conference was a clear loser. Louisville, a top-three team in the rankings, was hammered with a No. 4 seed. UConn received a No. 7, Memphis received a No. 8. SMU didn’t even make the field. The Huskies won the national title, Louisville fell in the Sweet 16 to eventual national runner up and rival Kentucky, and SMU reached the NIT championship game."
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Perhaps this will slow the flow of salty tears

Postby malonish » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:27 am

Actually my tears are slightly sulfuric, not quite salty anymore. I think I need to change my diet.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CoxMustangFan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:13 am

malonish wrote:Actually my tears are slightly sulfuric, not quite salty anymore. I think I need to change my diet.

You need more beer!
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby Treadway21 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:44 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/winners_and_losers_from_the_2014_ncaa_tournament/16238119

"Loser: The selection committee’s handling of the AAC
On Selection Sunday, the American Athletic Conference was a clear loser. Louisville, a top-three team in the rankings, was hammered with a No. 4 seed. UConn received a No. 7, Memphis received a No. 8. SMU didn’t even make the field. The Huskies won the national title, Louisville fell in the Sweet 16 to eventual national runner up and rival Kentucky, and SMU reached the NIT championship game."

That does help. We stuck it to the man.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mathman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:56 pm

This warms my heart as well.

Loser: The Big East
During the course of the season, the Big East looked at times like it could be a two-bid league, so it’s probably a positive development that four teams made it. None, however, made it to the second weekend when No. 2 seed Villanova and No. 3 seed Creighton lost in the round of 32. There’s no shame in No. 11 seed Providence losing to North Carolina, and Xavier was in a virtual coin flip game against NC State in the First Four. Making matters worse, though, was the departure of Buzz Williams from Marquette to Virginia Tech. In essence, one of the top coaches for one of the new league’s flagship programs left for one of the worst jobs in the ACC. Not a great week for the league. - See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-basketb ... vYOOX.dpuf
When will I start feeling stimulated??
mathman
Heisman

Return to Basketball