PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Top 10 Transfers Available

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Top 10 Transfers Available

Postby PonyFan32 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm

StandUp wrote:blackoutpony - No one said that Bleacher Report was Gospel. Their journalism and writing has definitely improved over the past year, credit to them. No doubt that there are articles written on Bleacher Report for entertainment purposes only. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you tell the difference between entertainment and substance. A list of top transfers is substance. (especially when SMU still has two, possibly three spots available on our roster). When I am looking for words of advice blackoutpony, you will be the first person I ask :)

Honest question: Did I miss something? Don't we only have 1 scholarship left in this class before any sort of attrition?
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby StandUp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:17 am

Yes, you are correct. 3 open roster spots. Nick Russell and Shawn Williams are Seniors and graduate this year and Jalen Jones transferred out. Mudiay is 1. Tolbert is 2 (transferred to SMU from Texas Tech). One more open spot makes 3.

Possible 4th Roster Spot...(via attrition)
We can pretty much guess that there will probably be one more spot opening up (possibly) via attrition. Happens every year at most programs. Just guessing here, but it might be best for Crandall Head and/or Ryan Manuel to transfer out for more playing time. Not saying that it is going to happen, but let's face it, with the talent on our roster these guys will be at the end of the bench next season.
Last edited by StandUp on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
StandUp
Varsity

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:21 am

StandUp wrote:Nick Russell and Shawn Williams are Seniors and graduate this year. We can pretty much guess that their will probably be one more spot opening up (possibly) via attrition. Happens every year at most programs. Mudiay + 2 open roster spots.

Jalen Jones transferring in November also opened a spot so 3 spots.

Mudiay takes one and Tolbert (transfer from Tech) takes the other. One left to give...
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby StandUp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:22 am

Thanks, forgot about Tolbert and Jalen.
StandUp
Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:04 am

Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:21 am

Poor Rice. They are constantly having people transfer to power conference programs. Was it two years ago that they had transfers to to Oregon and (I think) USC? Now duke, wow.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball