PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Shabazz's message was heard

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Shabazz's message was heard

Postby StangEsq » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
PoconoPony wrote:Athletes are still entitled to student loans and many use the loan money to address all the issues raised by Shabazz to supplement their athletic scholarships.

Loans for food for helping a school get millions for winning a national championship. Glad they stopped treating food like cars. Is the dining hall open on the weekend?

So what should his school pay him? $50k? Should every player on the team make $50k, or just Napier? should the last man on the bench at USF also make $50k? What about the women's teams (you know you'll have to pay them the same)? The rowing teams?

I think it's hilarious that people from schools like SMU root for athletes to get paid. If you want to see the chasm between the have and have-not conferences grow even more, let's see if smu's athletic budget can pay its athletes a total of $5 mil a year. Remember, we can't even buy out June Jones.
StangEsq
Heisman

Re: Shabazz's message was heard

Postby Stallion » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:46 pm

ojaipony wrote:
malonish wrote:*Pops briefcase open and turns it around. In are hundreds of Fruit Rollups of various flavors.*

You could have all this and more if you play for me.

Campisi's pizzas! The new recruiting tool!

"look here, MF, I will bust your young [deleted] up" . . . :-)

I went to Campisi's in North Dallas for the first time in a couple years tonite and it was fancified with curtains, stonework on walls, plush seating and spot lighting-had to check I was in the right place. When did that happen?
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball