PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Myles Turner to Announce on April 30th

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Myles Turner to Announce on April 30th

Postby MFFL02 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:42 pm

@EvanDaniels: Myles Turner is announcing his college decision on April 30th, a source confirms.
I miss Troy Matthews.
MFFL02
All-American

Re: Myles Turner to Announce on April 30th

Postby MFFL02 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:45 pm

@PaulBiancardi: #SigningDayShow! Myles Turner has his announcement date set for April 30th. @ESPN_Schick talks with him today at 3PM ET on @ESPNU

If anyone can watch, let us know what he says.
I miss Troy Matthews.
MFFL02
All-American

Postby MFFL02 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:46 pm

@Original_Turner: There is no truth to me cutting my list to 3 schools, thank you
I miss Troy Matthews.
MFFL02
All-American

Postby MFFL02 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:47 pm

@CJMooreBR: Talked to Myles Turner today. Hate the predicting what kids will do game, but I think he's headed to UT. Column coming later explaining why.
I miss Troy Matthews.
MFFL02
All-American

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:02 pm

"a source confirms" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:03 pm

This is getting really really annoying....What an attention whore
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby TyDerby » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:14 pm

I am the only one who is getting sick of all the drama with Turner? Mudiay will have so much more impact for our team than Turner ever would, so lets just move on. Don't get me wrong, Turner is a great prospect, but all this drama with him is really hurting my opinion of him. It seems like he will want to be the "star" wherever he goes, so that's why it seems like Texas will be his choice because Barnes has no reservations playing freshman and he has said multiple times how much he looks up to Durant. Just my two cents.
TyDerby
Recruit

Postby Pweesey » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 pm

you know when I'll think Turner has taken too long? When LB yanks his offer. Which is never going to happen. If LB's happy, I'm happy. And nobody would be sick of the "drama" if he were 95% to SMU. That's all tied to sour grapes of thinking that we're not getting him. Which we probably aren't.
Pweesey
Junior Varsity

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Pweesey wrote:you know when I'll think Turner has taken too long? When LB yanks his offer. Which is never going to happen. If LB's happy, I'm happy. And nobody would be sick of the "drama" if he were 95% to SMU. That's all tied to sour grapes of thinking that we're not getting him. Which we probably aren't.

You do not sound like a viable candidate for the WDNWHA Committee
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:20 pm

blackoutpony wrote:This is getting really really annoying....What an attention whore

Turner is not the one causing the attention. It is the false reports.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMU15 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:26 pm

I see a lot of LeBron in him.
Who wants to bet that he'll start with "In this fall, I'm going to take my talents to _______ and join the _______"
"And as long as they're keeping score, there will always be people who try to do everything they can to put up more points than the other guy." -Brent Musberger
SMU15
Varsity

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:30 pm

The front court of Oubre, Alexander, and Turner would rival Duke or anyone else.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Rebel10 wrote:The front court of Oubre, Alexander, and Turner would rival Duke or anyone else.

Yea, three of the top 12 freshmen in the nation. They would be scary good. Bill Self would still find a way to [deleted] the bed in March, though.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby SMU1523 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:55 pm

TyDerby wrote:I am the only one who is getting sick of all the drama with Turner? Mudiay will have so much more impact for our team than Turner ever would, so lets just move on. Don't get me wrong, Turner is a great prospect, but all this drama with him is really hurting my opinion of him. It seems like he will want to be the "star" wherever he goes, so that's why it seems like Texas will be his choice because Barnes has no reservations playing freshman and he has said multiple times how much he looks up to Durant. Just my two cents.

I couldn't agree more. I get that sense that it needs to be all about Myles. I have not received that vibe from Mudiay at all. That is why he will be an amazing fit for the LB system. I could see Myles potentially hampering chemistry. Either he is an attention whore, or the people controlling his future are the ones that are the attention whores. I think it says something about an individual that makes a strong decision and lives and dies with it. I think it speaks just as much about a person when one can't make a decision. He should have already picked a school, but at least have it down to two schools now. I feel he is extremely indecisive and loves the attention. Those qualities do not seem like they fit well with the SMU team I watched and cheered for all season.

I also agree with your feeling he wants to be a school's hero. He will be just another player at SMU. If he wants to be the hero, he should probably take his talents down to Austin to help Rick Barnes stay employed.
Last edited by SMU1523 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:05 pm

SMU1523 wrote:
TyDerby wrote:I am the only one who is getting sick of all the drama with Turner? Mudiay will have so much more impact for our team than Turner ever would, so lets just move on. Don't get me wrong, Turner is a great prospect, but all this drama with him is really hurting my opinion of him. It seems like he will want to be the "star" wherever he goes, so that's why it seems like Texas will be his choice because Barnes has no reservations playing freshman and he has said multiple times how much he looks up to Durant. Just my two cents.

I couldn't agree more. I get that sense that it needs to be all about Myles. I have not received that vibe from Mudiay at all. That is why he will be an amazing fit for the LB system. I could see Myles potentially hampering chemistry. Either he is an attention whore, or the people controlling his future are the ones that are the attention whores. I think it says something about an individual that makes a strong decision and lives and dies with it. I think it speaks just as much about a person when one can't make a decision. He should have already picked a school, but at least have it down to two schools now. I feel he is extremely indecisive and loves the attention. Those qualities do not seem like they fit well with the SMU team I watched and cheered for all season.

I also agree with your feeling he wants to be a school's hero. He will be just another player at SMU. If he wants to be the hero, he should probably take his talents down to Austin to help Rick Barnes stay employed.

You two are stupid. Myles would help us and that is why LB is going hard after him. I think Kansas would be the best place for him but SMU is trying hard to get him for a reason. Only people making drama out of this are impatient fans and tweeters tweeting false info.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Next

Return to Basketball