PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Myles Turner to Announce on April 30th

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Myles Turner to Announce on April 30th

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:07 pm

With two more whole weeks we should be able to get another good 10-12 threads on Turner.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU1523 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Rebel10, as you have recently attacked others of being insensitive and politically incorrect, you sure do love name calling.... I believe that this forum should be a place for SMU fans to voice opinions without being attacked. We are all SMU fans, right?
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 pm

SMU1523 wrote:Rebel10, as you have recently attacked others of being insensitive and politically incorrect, you sure do love name calling.... I believe that this forum should be a place for SMU fans to voice opinions without being attacked. We are all SMU fans, right?

The PC agenda does not apply to the PC junta themselves. they only wish to impose it on others
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby mrydel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:12 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:With two more whole weeks we should be able to get another good 10-12 threads on Turner.

Ha ha. Start a poll on how many more threads there will be about him.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Rebel10 wrote: You two are stupid.

Classy.
Bergermeister

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:14 pm

SMU1523 wrote:Rebel10, as you have recently attacked others of being insensitive and politically incorrect, you sure do love name calling.... I believe that this forum should be a place for SMU fans to voice opinions without being attacked. We are all SMU fans, right?

I believe calling someone an attention whore is calling someone a name.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby hoopmanx » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Turner is very good, but it's stockpiling for the sake of stockpiling. That said, I've been a round the block some, and don't begrudge the kid or his people at all for grandstanding. That's part of the game, no worries here. I also want who Larry wants, so no complaints.

The reality is that there isn't that much burn to go around, and those that say he's a given, mostly b/c of his high school stature, also thought Keith would be our leading scorer. Turner is a talent, can always use those, but he might not even get 10 minutes per,muchless 10ppg. I'm all about quality depth, but I really don't want to spend a year, talking about Turners draft status relative to not doing diddly for SMU. Seems like a hassle, when we're gonna be great anyway, but whatever
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU1523 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 pm

I never said I wasn't insensitive or politically correct, but none the less I should have used a different term, maybe restated as one that desperately needs attention. Like I stated, we are all SMU fans, let's not turn this thread into another PC/NonPC disaster. Lets all get along.

Back to the situation at hand. I would love to have Myles, but I am concerned with him buying into the LB philosophy due to the way he has handled his recruiting process. I want to have players that know they want to be here. Mudiay is exactly what we want and need! Regardless what Myles does, I am pumped for next season.

Could I possibly be an irrational, chauvinistic SMU fan that believes every player in the country should want to play for Larry brown at SMU? Damn straight I am.
Last edited by SMU1523 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
Rebel10 wrote: You two are stupid.

Classy.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63483

This applies strongly to Stallion as well, who has made it his bread and butter to call people names.
ponyboy

Postby PoconoPony » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:36 pm

hoopmanx wrote:Turner is very good, but it's stockpiling for the sake of stockpiling. That said, I've been a round the block some, and don't begrudge the kid or his people at all for grandstanding. That's part of the game, no worries here. I also want who Larry wants, so no complaints.

The reality is that there isn't that much burn to go around, and those that say he's a given, mostly b/c of his high school stature, also thought Keith would be our leading scorer. Turner is a talent, can always use those, but he might not even get 10 minutes per,muchless 10ppg. I'm all about quality depth, but I really don't want to spend a year, talking about Turners draft status relative to not doing diddly for SMU. Seems like a hassle, when we're gonna be great anyway, but whatever

My thoughts exactly. Everyone should not assume he is an instant finished product and deserved center of attention. SMU is a team and LB teaches the team concept which means Turner might not have a full time roll for several years.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby TyDerby » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
SMU1523 wrote:[
You two are stupid. Myles would help us and that is why LB is going hard after him. I think Kansas would be the best place for him but SMU is trying hard to get him for a reason. Only people making drama out of this are impatient fans and tweeters tweeting false info.

Wow, Thanks for calling me stupid. Like I said in my post, it was just my "two cents". I didn't slam anyone, I was just stating my opinion. I thought this forum was for SMU FANS who could discuss their opinions. No need for name calling
TyDerby
Recruit

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:48 pm

TyDerby wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:
You two are stupid. Myles would help us and that is why LB is going hard after him. I think Kansas would be the best place for him but SMU is trying hard to get him for a reason. Only people making drama out of this are impatient fans and tweeters tweeting false info.

Wow, Thanks for calling me stupid. Like I said in my post, it was just my "two cents". I didn't slam anyone, I was just stating my opinion. I thought this forum was for SMU FANS who could discuss their opinions. No need for name calling

Okay, sorry.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:51 pm

PoconoPony wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:Turner is very good, but it's stockpiling for the sake of stockpiling. That said, I've been a round the block some, and don't begrudge the kid or his people at all for grandstanding. That's part of the game, no worries here. I also want who Larry wants, so no complaints.

My thoughts exactly. Everyone should not assume he is an instant finished product and deserved center of attention. SMU is a team and LB teaches the team concept which means Turner might not have a full time roll for several years.

Mudiay will get a full time roll. And we will probably spend time next year talking about Mudiay's draft status. Turner would make SMU better but SMU is not the best place for him imo. He goes to Kansas and they could win a national championship and not just make it to the sweet 16.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMU1523 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:54 pm

TyDerby wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

I personally was more offended being associated with tweeters tweeting false information. I mean being called stupid is one thing, but being associated with a false tweeting tweeter is just too far. I remember being heartbroken to find out SMU was not going to being invited to the SEC after reading that they indeed were on the path to joining the nation's top conference on twitter... and why did I get my hopes up only to get disappointed, because of a false tweeting tweeter...
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby Pony Fan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Do you think he is going to Kansas?
Pony Fan
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball