PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulsa After Missouri Coach

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tulsa After Missouri Coach

Postby mathman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Apparently in final negotiations for Missouri Head Coach Frank Haith.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... e-at-tulsa
When will I start feeling stimulated??
mathman
Heisman

Re: Tulsa After Missouri Coach

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Would be great hire for Tulsa and the AAC. Why does he want out of a much higher profile job at Mizzou? Is it a Cuonzo Martin situation where he can see the writing on the wall?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mathman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:50 pm

I think so. The fans felt they had the talent to make the tournament this year and didn't. From what I have heard he thinks he may be toast next year. But who knows. Goodman reporting that Tulsa is in "final negotiations, barring a last-minute collapse"
When will I start feeling stimulated??
mathman
Heisman

Postby sbsmith » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Would be great hire for Tulsa and the AAC. Why does he want out of a much higher profile job at Mizzou? Is it a Cuonzo Martin situation where he can see the writing on the wall?

"Frank is looking for a way out of Missouri," one source said. "This might be it."

Haith just finished his third season at Missouri by missing the NCAA Tournament with a team talented enough to make it, and Mizzou fans have undeniably turned on him because of underachieving on the court and problems off of the court -- most recently the arrest and dismissal of Louisville transfer Zach Price. Sources told CBSSports.com that Tulsa is willing to pay in excess of $1 million for Haith, and that he's seriously considering going because he knows one more bad season at Missouri could be his last.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby mustangxc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Whatever the reason is for his departure I think this is good news for Tulas and the American.
mustangxc

Postby Stallion » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Tulsa has always earned my respect. When they joined the WAC I was embarrassed to have SMU "stoop so low". But they really are serious about having a strong program only to get kicked in the teeth when another high profile coach treats them as a stepping stone
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Harry0569 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Frank Haith is a terrible coach. He does less with more than most any coach in NCAA. Look at his Miami/Mizzou teams. Underachievers.

He smartly left before being canned. I think his seat was getting fairly warm.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby PonyTime » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:43 pm

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dooby » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Tulsa has such a history of making the right hire, it is hard to doubt it. But It reminds me when TCU hired Trent Johnson from LSU- there is a reason he is willing to leave a large state school for a small private one. And it isn't because he wants the challenge; he is worried about his long term future (and with good reason).
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Harry0569 wrote:Frank Haith is a terrible coach. He does less with more than most any coach in NCAA. Look at his Miami/Mizzou teams. Underachievers.

He smartly left before being canned. I think his seat was getting fairly warm.

Well I guess we should not lose to them then right? If we did it would be an embarrassment according to your assessment of him.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Return to Basketball