PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Eric Snow

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Eric Snow

Postby NY Pony » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:58 pm

ojaipony wrote:
NY Pony wrote:
ojaipony wrote:I understand the whole argument about that it's good that SMU coaches being offered great jobs, however, I'd like SMU to be a DESTINATION spot not a stepping stone. We are better than that, especially now in basketball. Coach K is at Duke for a very long time, Calhoun, Bohein, etc etc . . .

Something tells me, though, that LB won't have a problem finding someone to help him on his bench . . . I REALLY hope Ulric stays . . . losing Snow sucks.

Dude every program is a steppingstone if you're not a head coach.

Ok . . . whatever you say . . . dude . . .

Wojo just left Duke, that globetrotter left BBN, assistants leave, time marches on. And yes, I get that they were both moving to HC gigs, but it's all a ladder to a HC job.
NY Pony
All-American

Postby SMUbballFan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:19 am

Sounds like he wanted to coach. As a player development, you technically aren't allowed to coach at practice. So it's possible Eric wanted to go to a school where he could develop and coach.
SMUbballFan

Postby StandUp » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:44 am

Good luck to Eric Snow. Thank you for helping put SMU on the map. We owe our entire coaching staff a great deal of thanks for all that they did at SMU this season. Will be pretty interesting who replaces Snow. Something tells me that LB will have many coaches interested. Probably already has someone in mind. How about Iverson? Why not?
StandUp
Varsity

Postby ojaipony » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking LB won't have any problems finding a solid, hungry assistant. I thought Snow was already essentially a coach - interesting that we just didn't counter with that offer to match the Florida school . . . maybe it was just something Snow really wanted and LB gave full blessing -- I'll trust LB in the matter.

Ulric, on the other hand . . . I REALLY don't want to see him go . . .
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:35 pm

ojaipony wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking LB won't have any problems finding a solid, hungry assistant. I thought Snow was already essentially a coach - interesting that we just didn't counter with that offer to match the Florida school . . . maybe it was just something Snow really wanted and LB gave full blessing -- I'll trust LB in the matter.

There is a limit on the number of assistant coach spots so you can't just offer to promote him to assistant coach without having a current assistant coach leave.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:53 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
ojaipony wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking LB won't have any problems finding a solid, hungry assistant. I thought Snow was already essentially a coach - interesting that we just didn't counter with that offer to match the Florida school . . . maybe it was just something Snow really wanted and LB gave full blessing -- I'll trust LB in the matter.

There is a limit on the number of assistant coach spots so you can't just offer to promote him to assistant coach without having a current assistant coach leave.

Correct
CalallenStang

Postby mustangxc » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 pm

I expect Derrick Coleman to get a call back now. He is one of Larry's former players that got turned down last time. There is now a spot for him.
mustangxc

Postby malonish » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 am

mrydel wrote:I am not [deleted] anyone. If I knew how to tweet I could have said the same thing based on reading ponyfans. Simply an observation.

M Rydel ‏@NotThePitchAgain 2h
Am I doing this right?
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:55 pm

Whether it's FIU or FAU it will be interesting to see how they progress.

As quickly as South Florida and University Central Florida have become known athletic entities you have to figure there might be room for one more good program in that state.

With both of those schools in C-USA now I imagine they will be highly competitive to get the upper hand in recruiting.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:12 pm

I still haven't seen this in print anywhere. What's up with this? BS?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Stallion » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:18 pm

maybe they have a job posting requirement-most schools do
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Previous

Return to Basketball