PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Possible Transfer: Elijah Brown (Butler)

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Possible Transfer: Elijah Brown (Butler)

Postby StandUp » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:09 pm

Prized Recruit, Butler Freshman Elijah Brown, 6'4" SG, has decided to transfer from Butler. Elijah is the son of NBA Cleveland Cavs Coach Mike Brown. Don't know if Coach Mike Brown has a relationship with LB? No indication of where he will land. Wonder if SMU is interested? We could have two Elijah's playing for SMU in 2015 :)
StandUp
Varsity

Re: Possible Transfer: Elijah Brown (Butler)

Postby OhioBrownFan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:54 pm

Dude, there's no prayer.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby RunPeruna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:12 pm

StandUp wrote: Don't know if Coach Mike Brown has a relationship with LB? No indication of where he will land.

No idea if we are in play or not but...
Mike Brown is a Pop guy...who is an LB guy. There's a real connection there.
RunPeruna
Junior Varsity

Postby mathman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:22 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:Dude, there's no prayer.

Just curious why you would say that. Something we don't know or just no interest from either side?
When will I start feeling stimulated??
mathman
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:37 pm

The only question I have is if he is a high caliber shooting guard or not?
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OhioBrownFan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:05 pm

mathman wrote:

Just curious why you would say that. Something we don't know or just no interest from either side?

Interest level. I would also be shocked if Brown would even consider taking him given their board (SMU) for 2015 class at his position. This isn't football, you can't just stockpile talent.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby ojaipony » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:37 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:
mathman wrote:

Interest level. I would also be shocked if Brown would even consider taking him given their board (SMU) for 2015 class at his position. This isn't football, you can't just stockpile talent.

Who's interest? His or ours? (I'm assuming you're meaning ours).
ojaipony

Postby StandUp » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:11 pm

So now we know that there is a connection with Elijah Brown...LB --> Popovich --> Mike Brown connection. Good to know. Interesting... Don't see why SMU would not be interested in Elijah Brown? We need a SG or SF. Don't see why Elijah Brown would not be interested in SMU?

Joining a potential FInal 4 Team with a Hall of Fame Coach. SMU is now recognized as a national power in basketball. Similar to Butler when Brad Stevens was their coach. SMU is in play for transfers and incoming freshman. SMU signs potentially the #1 Recruit in the nation (Mudiay). Saying that anyone would not have interest is hard to believe.
StandUp
Varsity

Postby OhioBrownFan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:16 pm

StandUp wrote:So now we know that there is a connection with Elijah Brown...LB --> Popovich --> Mike Brown connection. Good to know. Interesting... Don't see why SMU would not be interested in Elijah Brown? We need a SG or SF. Don't see why Elijah Brown would not be interested in SMU?

Joining a potential FInal 4 Team with a Hall of Fame Coach. SMU is now recognized as a national power in basketball. Similar to Butler when Brad Stevens was their coach. SMU is in play for transfers and incoming freshman. SMU signs potentially the #1 Recruit in the nation (Mudiay). Saying that anyone would not have interest is hard to believe.

How do you figure they need a SG or SF that won't fulfill that role out of the 2015 class? I guess you're counting on Ben Moore and Keith Frazier to either A) never develop, B) transfer, or C) go to the draft early? It's not a pressing need, a SG and SF will be addressed in the 2015 recruiting class.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby OhioBrownFan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:29 pm

ojaipony wrote:
OhioBrownFan wrote:
mathman wrote:Just curious why you would say that. Something we don't know or just no interest from either side?

Who's interest? His or ours? (I'm assuming you're meaning ours).

Both, but he's never even looked at SMU (I get that it's a different program now, but it's still far from home and what not). Kids transfer for two main reasons, 1) to move closer to home, 2) to get playing time. SMU offers neither so how is that ever going to be attractive to him?
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:31 pm

StandUp wrote:So now we know that there is a connection with Elijah Brown...LB --> Popovich --> Mike Brown connection. Good to know. Interesting... Don't see why SMU would not be interested in Elijah Brown? We need a SG or SF. Don't see why Elijah Brown would not be interested in SMU?

A national power? We haven't won an NCAA tournament game since 1988 or been in one in over 20 years. Brad Stevens and Butler went to back to back national title games and came within 2 inches of winning one of them. They went to the tournament the previous 3 years before that as well. How are we even remotely like Butler?

Look, we should be good next year, but I don't get some of you already calling for final fours here and thinking that because we had one good year, that we're Kentucky. And no I'm not some negative nancy saying we suck. I predicted 22 wins regular season wins for last year, so I was only one off (which I thought was pretty damn good). We will be good next year, very good, but some of you need to cool your jets. Just sayin.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU 86 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm

blackoutpony wrote:

A national power? We haven't won an NCAA tournament game since 1988 or been in one in over 20 years. Brad Stevens and Butler went to back to back national title games and came within 2 inches of winning one of them. They went to the tournament the previous 3 years before that as well. How are we even remotely like Butler?

Look, we should be good next year, but I don't get some of you already calling for final fours here and thinking that because we had one good year, that we're Kentucky. And no I'm not some negative nancy saying we suck. I predicted 22 wins regular season wins for last year, so I was only one off (which I thought was pretty damn good). We will be good next year, very good, but some of you need to cool your jets. Just sayin.

I agree with Blackoutpony in that we do not have any NCAA tournament skins on the wall yet. What were Elijah Brown stats last year?
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby OhioBrownFan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:47 pm

SMU 86 wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:

I agree with Blackoutpony in that we do not have any NCAA tournament skins on the wall yet. What were Elijah Brown stats last year?

He put up solid numbers but didn't get minutes. Sitting behind my boy Dunham, I'll say he average maybe 7-8 points and a few rebounds a game. Mainly due to minutes though, they have a great shooting guard already.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby SMU 86 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:56 pm

I would think with the 2015 class probably being pretty strong that we would want more of a player with only 1 year of eligibility left. I would also think he is looking for somewhere that he could start for three yers after sitting out n ext year and that may not happen at SMU.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby mrydel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:12 pm

I cannot agree with Blackout Pony. I think Butler was within 1 inch, not 2.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Next

Return to Basketball