PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Big Men

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Big Men

Postby Rambo » Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:23 pm

I ran into Jibran this weekend. He was off his crutches, said he was feeling pretty good. He can start physical activity in mid to late October.

I asked him about Nigel and he said he had bulked up alot. To put it in his words, "Nigel's stronger than an mother f-er." This is a good sign, I think. If we can start to see ourselves as strong, it will get in our heads on the court. Nigel should have been throwing his body around long ago. Now that he is getting stronger, he will get a little more physical on the court.
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Re: Big Men

Postby Bballer » Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:22 pm

In Nigel's defense, he went through some major medical battles, at one point I heard it was very serious. I think the year he spent 100% off the court really hurt him. Last year he showed great signs of improvement but he was timid when it came to contact, and I believe it was due to his medical issues, which I do not blame him for.

Nothing would please me more than to see Nigel have a huge season. He is a great person and went through a lot. He has an NBA frame and tons of potential.

Go Nige!

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball