PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Other Message Board

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Other Message Board

Postby KP » Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:40 pm

How many of you guys post at the other site, because it is driving me up the wall right now. Fire Dement, fire Dement. I think everyone has forgotten what it was like before he was here, and they think we are loaded with seniors on our roster or something. Just curious to see how many of you are also posting over there.
KP

Re: Other Message Board

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:51 pm

I check it out (MM?) but don't post much. There are some really dumb (fire Dement) posts and other nonsense. People who only watch the big games and don't know what the heck they are talking about.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby KP » Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:54 pm

My thoughts exactly, there is a lot of talk about losing 'every' big game under dement. they forget so quickly since we beat tulsa last year, and fresno st 2 times the year before. i'd stay here, if there were more action on these boards.
KP

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Nov 21, 2001 1:04 pm

Well, those *big* games were the ones at the end of the last 2 seasons. I'll agree we have choked in a quite a few biggies. I would say this is just a big game b/c of Knight. Our expectations are different this year. I hate TCU and hope we finally beat them this year. They beat UTEP by 20pts though.
Pony_Fan

Postby PK » Wed Nov 21, 2001 1:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KP:
<B>...i'd stay here, if there were more action on these boards.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use to enjoy the other board just because there was more activity, but it was a pretty negative crowd. I can't access that board anymore because our company firewall blocks it out. This board would have more activity if some of you guys would start posting more over here. Join us for awhile and see if we can't liven it up a bit.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Nov 21, 2001 2:06 pm

I agree. I like this board better. Lots and lots of negative folks over there. Better posts here I think. Let's get this going!
Pony_Fan

Postby KP » Wed Nov 21, 2001 3:07 pm

I'm all for livening up this board, so I'm in.
KP

Postby PK » Wed Nov 21, 2001 3:34 pm

Great!! I'll see you guys after Thanksgiving!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Hilltopper » Wed Nov 21, 2001 6:29 pm

Fellas, this Tech game was NOT a big game. It was a meaningless non-conference game that happened to feature a world-famous coach. The game meant nothing more than the Navy game or the Savannah State game. It is a game we all wish SMU had won, but it's not going to cost us anything. Knight said last night that the game also meant nothing in terms of recruiting Metroplex kids -- that's something that will be determined over the course of the season. So the idea of firing Dement is completely stupid -- as is almost everything that appears on that other board. There has never been anything of value on that other board. This board, from what I understand, was started mostly because the other board is full of meaningless crap, just school bashing between SMU and TCU fans -- how original. It's full of fans who fly off the handle and spew reactionary ideas that have no basis in fact. Don't waste your time with that other board. This is the only place on the internet for valuable SMU athletics information and conversation.
Hilltopper
All-American

Return to Basketball