PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Peruna Handlers

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Peruna Handlers

Postby RSine » Mon Dec 03, 2001 3:01 pm

Hi! My name is Bob Sine. I currently am a Peruna Handler. We are trying to compile a history of all of the Peruna Handlers since the beginning.

If you are an alumni Peruna Handler or know any alumni Peruna Handlers, I would be very interested in finding out who they are. Basically I'm just looking for names and what years they took care of Peruna, but if they have an interesting story to tell, I would be interested in that too. Any and all information would be appreciated.

Please e-mail me at rsine@mail.smu.edu

I'm posting messages several different places so please don't respond to this message on this board, please e-mail me.

Thank you very much,
Bob
RSine

Re: Peruna Handlers

Postby rogershealy » Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:17 am

how do you get to be a peruna handler?
rogershealy
Varsity

Re: Peruna Handlers

Postby RSine » Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:07 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rogershealy:
<B>how do you get to be a peruna handler?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be a Peruna Handler, you would have to try out. The try out consists of running 100 yards and some agility tests. There is also an interview portion. Three of us are graduating this year, so the positions will be very available. The tryouts will be sometime in April. I think it is the 10th but I am not sure. I am currently working on a web page which should have all of that information. If you want any more info, you should contact Tricia Bissett in the spirit office. The web site for the spirit squads is <A HREF="http://www2.smu.edu/recsports/spirit." TARGET=_blank>http://www2.smu.edu/recsports/spirit.</A>
RSine

Return to Basketball