PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hopkins

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hopkins

Postby PonyUp » Thu Dec 13, 2001 1:30 am

Good to hear that the Hopkins Brothers signed with SMU. Keep up the good work Coach Dement! Wondering if the Hopkins Brothers played with any players in AAU or Summer League Ball that have not committed to a school that they might be able to persuade to come to SMU. Anyone heard of any Star Recruits that still have not officially or unofficially signed with a school?
PonyUp

Re: Hopkins

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 13, 2001 8:06 pm

I've been to two Lincoln games, and I've watched UT on TV. Hopkins is better than T.J. Ford. They're both quick, but Hopkins is quicker. Hopkins is a MUCH better shooter than Ford, and he can outjump him, too. Both are very good defenders, using quickness to make up for a lack of size and strength, just like Iverson and Steve Francis do. I'd be happy with either one, but I can't wait to see Hop and his brother play for the Ponies! We got the better player coming to SMU next year.

Postby Boston Pony » Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:21 pm

I've been glad to see both brothers are playing well - box scores showing both scoring and playing serious minutes.
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby HouStang » Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:23 pm

TJ Ford has a 42" vertical
HouStang
Recruit

Return to Basketball