PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Moving on... real PG possibilities

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Moving on... real PG possibilities

Postby max the wonder dog » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:00 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:I agree with people that taking just anyone to fill the backup PG slot might be lacking in foresight since its a 4 year commitment, but I'm thinking maybe that's mitigated a little by the fact that we have so many open spots the next 2 years because of our transfers and juniors/seniors graduating. Perhaps we can deal with 4-5 commits in the next class instead of 5-6?

I come up with at least six openings for next year -- Cannen, Yanick, Ryan, Crandall, JMM, and Martin. Tolbert could give us 7.

Even with that much attrition, we still will have Nic and Ben Moore, Markus, Sterling and Keeeeith, plus maybe Tobert and three elite guards who have already committed. What a program LB has built.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby stangsup4 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:11 pm

max the wonder dog wrote:
PonyFan32 wrote:I agree with people that taking just anyone to fill the backup PG slot might be lacking in foresight since its a 4 year commitment, but I'm thinking maybe that's mitigated a little by the fact that we have so many open spots the next 2 years because of our transfers and juniors/seniors graduating. Perhaps we can deal with 4-5 commits in the next class instead of 5-6?

I come up with at least six openings for next year -- Cannen, Yanick, Ryan, Crandall, JMM, and Martin. Tolbert could give us 7.

Even with that much attrition, we still will have Nic and Ben Moore, Markus, Sterling and Keeeeith, plus maybe Tobert and three elite guards who have already committed. What a program LB has built.

We need to go after some bigs with the rest of our 2015 schollys and maybe one more guard. 3 bigs and 4 guards would be niiiice. McQuaid can play some 3 too.
stangsup4
All-American

Postby Mexmustang » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:14 pm

No way to disagree with anyone's point of view--unless we have a specific target. But 'Point' is just so important it is hard to believe we won't look at all opportunities.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby ojaipony » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Can't have too many skilled ball handlers IMHO. The teams with the best guard play almost always go the deepest in the tourney. Damn, I wish Sed could come to us NOW.

I'd open my arms to any PG with strong ball handling skills, strong bball IQ/work ethic/competitiveness. There HAS to be SOMEONE out there (juco or 5th year is ideal - "can't coach experience").
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball