PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

LB 100% Class

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

LB 100% Class

Postby Treadway21 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:03 am

This will be a short thread cause it really doesn't have substance, but I did want to separate the subject from the EM threads.

Despite the horrific setback, LB has shown the complete class that he has shown from day one at SMU. His public statements, whether written by him or someone else, were spot on in tone and message. He showed disappointment, but still stood by EM and his family by respecting the decision he made. Now, the way LB is treating JMM, is exactly how you would expect given his track record. He is making sure the kid does the right thing and get his degree.

As disappointed as I am with how things turned out, I am prouder than ever that we have a coach that is so classy and conducts himself in such a way that is a credit to our university. He has softened the blow by doing the right things, and by have such a talented team that is not 100% reliant on a one and done player.

No matter how good EM would have been, we still have a very deep team that will be competitive and will most likely exceed the accomplishments of last year's team. Be sure to keep that in mind after you let off steam about how SMU always gets the shaft. At least, we got the right guy to lead the BBall program in spite of ourselves.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: LB 100% Class

Postby Zman89 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:10 am

Treadway21 wrote:This will be a short thread cause it really doesn't have substance, but I did want to separate the subject from the EM threads.

Despite the horrific setback, LB has shown the complete class that he has shown from day one at SMU. His public statements, whether written by him or someone else, were spot on in tone and message. He showed disappointment, but still stood by EM and his family by respecting the decision he made. Now, the way LB is treating JMM, is exactly how you would expect given his track record. He is making sure the kid does the right thing and get his degree.

As disappointed as I am with how things turned out, I am prouder than ever that we have a coach that is so classy and conducts himself in such a way that is a credit to our university. He has softened the blow by doing the right things, and by have such a talented team that is not 100% reliant on a one and done player.

No matter how good EM would have been, we still have a very deep team that will be competitive and will most likely exceed the accomplishments of last year's team. Be sure to keep that in mind after you let off steam about how SMU always gets the shaft. At least, we got the right guy to lead the BBall program in spite of ourselves.

Very well stated.
Zman89
Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:12 pm

yup. exactly.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby ponyboy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Oh my gosh, sure Mudiay hurts. But if any SMU fan is not absolutely frigging ecstatic at what has happened to our program they need to be shot. Twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy

Postby AusTxPony » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:52 pm

For me the disappointment is tangible. I was sure we had a real shot of a deep run in the Tournament, now not so sure. But we have a heck of a good team who has a shot to be really good. We will see what the season brings and I will be right there cheering the kids on. LB is a true class act.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby couch 'em » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:12 pm

I feel bad but i feel like this year was just to be a special cherry on top, almost a publicity stunt in a way. Sans EM, we now will still take a major step forward and then 2015 will be the real foundational year
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby ojaipony » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:06 pm

Top 5 post of the year. Was about to post the same thing. Keeping JMM speaks volumes about this man's character. I hope recruits see that.
ojaipony

Postby The Falcon » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Treadway 21 - Thank you for your comments about LB. He is indeed a man of character and
class, and we are lucky to have him. From the time he got here he has displayed the best
that we can hope for. Every time I listen to his statements and see how much he truly cares
for people and how much he respects each player for being the individual and person. He is about
teaching, helping, and loving. That alone should attract so many players to him and to SMU.

He makes me smile every time I hear him talk. He ;probably is not perfect, but he is very, very
close.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby well travelled pony » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:52 am

ponyboy wrote:Oh my gosh, sure Mudiay hurts. But if any SMU fan is not absolutely frigging ecstatic at what has happened to our program they need to be shot. Twice.

Awesome, and totally cracked me up.

Go Ponies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well travelled pony
All-American

Return to Basketball