PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU game

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Dec 19, 2001 12:57 am

What a pathetic game - blow another lead and TCU goes on a 19-0 run. Hello!! How does that happen???
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: TCU game

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:24 pm

That hurt. Watching that game in the Daniel-Meyer Garage was bad enough (that arena is useless - fans are a million miles from the court), but when we got the lead, I was not the most subtle fan in the world. Then watching that 33-8 run at the end .... that killed me.

What happened at the end? It's like they put a lid on the basket. I know Hancock was coming back from being sick, and I'm sure someone will offer up the "we're really young" excuse, but come on -- we had that game WON.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Postby PK » Wed Dec 19, 2001 7:26 pm

For some reason we seem to have trouble maintaining a lead. Don't know if it is overconfidence leading to a let down in intensity or just fatigue. Just like the football team, these guys need to understand that you can't let up just because you have a little lead...you have to play all out all the way to the end of the game. If you are ahead by eight, play like you're behind by eight!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUFan » Wed Dec 19, 2001 7:43 pm

Eric Castro left the game when the TCU run started. After pulling 18 boards Friday night, he definitely should have been in the game in crunch time. I don't think anyone thought he'd be as vital to the team as he has, but his signing looks like a recruiting coup for Dement, Tubbs and the rest of the staff.
SMUFan
All-American

Return to Basketball