PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Huge positive development

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Huge positive development

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:27 am

B1GPonyFan wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:
B1GPonyFan wrote:Congratulations to the gang of 30 of once again making the simple extremely complex by using the same lack of common sense. You guys are awesome.

Who let you out of timeout?

The good thing about this site is that the overuse of tiresome and overused lines is still an accepted practice. See "Is that you, June?" Or "Are you on crack?" or "Have you been hitting the bottle?"

You can now add the above to the list.

Originality on this site is about useful as the grammar goober correcting somebody's spelling or subject/verb tense.

You will have to ask him about that.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby ojaipony » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Does anyone know if he's enrolled yet / playing with team in open gym yet?
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:30 pm

July 28, 2014

DALLAS (SMU) - SMU Head Coach Larry Brown announced that Ben Emelogu will join the Mustangs for the 2014-15 season. Emelogu (6-5, 205) was named team captain prior to his freshman season for the Hokies. The Grand Prairie, Texas, native averaged 10.5 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.9 assists in his first collegiate campaign.

Emelogu was a First Team All-District selection at South Grand Prairie where he helped his team to the state championship game in 2013. He was named to the Texas All-State Tournament Team and later broke the scoring record in the Texas Hall of Fame All-Star Game with 38 points.

SMU and Emelogu will apply for a waiver from the NCAA to request immediate eligibility for the 2014-15 season.

Emelogu joins a team coming off a 27-10 record that reached the NIT championship game. SMU was as high as No. 18 in the national polls while accumulating the second-most wins in program history. The Mustangs finished tied for third in the American Athletic Conference (12-6) and totaled four wins over ranked teams. The squad went 18-1 at home, including 12-1 in the renovated Moody Coliseum, while setting a new SMU single-season attendance record that included nine sellouts. 

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-bas ... 14aab.html

Hope his grandmother is improving as well.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby max the wonder dog » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:51 pm

CenTXpony wrote:July 28, 2014

DALLAS (SMU) - SMU Head Coach Larry Brown announced that Ben Emelogu will join the Mustangs for the 2014-15 season. Emelogu (6-5, 205) was named team captain prior to his freshman season for the Hokies. The Grand Prairie, Texas, native averaged 10.5 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.9 assists in his first collegiate campaign.

Emelogu was a First Team All-District selection at South Grand Prairie where he helped his team to the state championship game in 2013. He was named to the Texas All-State Tournament Team and later broke the scoring record in the Texas Hall of Fame All-Star Game with 38 points.

SMU and Emelogu will apply for a waiver from the NCAA to request immediate eligibility for the 2014-15 season.

Emelogu joins a team coming off a 27-10 record that reached the NIT championship game. SMU was as high as No. 18 in the national polls while accumulating the second-most wins in program history. The Mustangs finished tied for third in the American Athletic Conference (12-6) and totaled four wins over ranked teams. The squad went 18-1 at home, including 12-1 in the renovated Moody Coliseum, while setting a new SMU single-season attendance record that included nine sellouts. 

I was more excited about the news before I read the fine print that he is still awaiting NCAA approval to play in the upcoming season. It's still good to know definitively that he is a student.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby CenTXpony » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:06 pm

max the wonder dog wrote:
CenTXpony wrote:July 28, 2014

I was more excited about the news before I read the fine print that he is still awaiting NCAA approval to play in the upcoming season. It's still good to know definitively that he is a student.

It threw me off as well.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby B1GPonyFan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:09 pm

This is like a broken record. SMU cannot technically file any hardship waiver until the student is actually enrolled on the campus. I have no idea when this one did. That said, it's been repeated that you will not hear any results of this until most likely the end of October or early November. That is the track record for these things.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up either given how there is so much abuse of this waiver. I would be surprised if he gets the waiver. Sick relative or not, most of these transfers are for athletic purposes. That's why this is going away next year.
B1GPonyFan
Varsity

Previous

Return to Basketball