PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hogg Update

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Hogg Update

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:19 pm

I was talking about Davis. Mitchell didn't seem to be completely healthy at the Dallas event. He was deferring to others a lot but he showed incredible athleticism when needed. I can definitely see him being a defensive stopper. Body wise he looked like a major college LB. I'd feel safe walking down a dark alley with that kid/man.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OhioBrownFan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:16 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:I was talking about Davis. Mitchell didn't seem to be completely healthy at the Dallas event. He was deferring to others a lot but he showed incredible athleticism when needed. I can definitely see him being a defensive stopper. Body wise he looked like a major college LB. I'd feel safe walking down a dark alley with that kid/man.

Haha, he's definitely much better than early spring. Most the offense was ran thru Mitchell at the Peach Jam, he brought the ball up much more than I ever expected in all their games. And he is a big boy, that frame is huge. Anyways, thanks for the input LA, enjoy talking bball with ya. You hearing anything about Hogg or Davis though? Anybody that's really on the inside on this board?
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:39 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:Haha, he's definitely much better than early spring. Most the offense was ran thru Mitchell at the Peach Jam, he brought the ball up much more than I ever expected in all their games. And he is a big boy, that frame is huge. Anyways, thanks for the input LA, enjoy talking bball with ya. You hearing anything about Hogg or Davis though? Anybody that's really on the inside on this board?

You as well. I haven't heard anything new on Hogg and Davis. I have a couple of people inside who will contact me if they hear anything SMU related but nothing lately. I do think it is likely they end up at the same school. The schools that have offered both are Arizona, Baylor, Houston, SMU and TCU.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OhioBrownFan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
OhioBrownFan wrote:Haha, he's definitely much better than early spring. Most the offense was ran thru Mitchell at the Peach Jam, he brought the ball up much more than I ever expected in all their games. And he is a big boy, that frame is huge. Anyways, thanks for the input LA, enjoy talking bball with ya. You hearing anything about Hogg or Davis though? Anybody that's really on the inside on this board?

You as well. I haven't heard anything new on Hogg and Davis. I have a couple of people inside who will contact me if they hear anything SMU related but nothing lately. I do think it is likely they end up at the same school. The schools that have offered both are Arizona, Baylor, Houston, SMU and TCU.

Arizona was one of the buzzes. Again though, don't know reliable that info is when they've been so tight about it. But a few that I normally trust were saying Arizona could be sneaky in that race.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Previous

Return to Recruiting