PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

so The FAN 105.3 in Dallas said BBall tix donation over $25K

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyKris89 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:21 pm

The Fan radio 105.3 FM in Dallas on the Ben and Skin Show…

Mike Bascik filling in this week, said he emailed SMU to possibly purchase SMU Mens BBall tix…
He said he was quoted $25,000 to $50,000 for the donation plus tickets.

I texted him back saying I believe that cannot be correct, as I was understanding there to be a $500 donation for new season ticket applicants.
He responded that is probably the price for new/additional tickets for a current season ticket.

Anyway, I told him I would check, and suggested he check PonyFans for a new topic on this.

So where did this $25-$50K quote come from?
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Re: so The FAN 105.3 in Dallas said BBall tix donation over

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:38 pm

Probably the only thing available is a suite
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby redpony » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:42 pm

are the loges totally sold out? don't think they were last year.
redpony

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Yes they are and yes they were
RGV Pony

Postby redpony » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:55 pm

guess that's why I didn't get my pizza and beer delivered. :lol: :lol: :P
redpony

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Last edited by smusic 00 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smusic 00

Postby Treadway21 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:09 pm

I heard the segment and it was great for SMU even though they kind of promoted the perception of SMU being a Park Cities rich person ticket. They talked about how much better EMan would have it if he had played for LB and SMU. Put the blame on Prime Prep for not having courses acceptable to the NCAA.

The season ticket thing came up cause Basik was trying to get in on new tickets. It sounded like they said if he donated $50K he would be guaranteed tickets, and everything under meant he would drop down the list behind more and more people. Skin said he knew a guy that had season tickets before we had Larry Brown and his tickets renewals were reasonably priced, so he accurately described that the cause of the price spike is how hot tickets are.

I think it is a great thing that SMU is already having media talk about us - can't remember anytime SMU basketball was a topic of conversation in July. Next season is going to be nuts.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby Fresno Mustang » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:01 pm

This will be my first year as a basketball tickets holder and I did not not donate anywhere near $50K. A donation like that would guarantee you seats im assuming, the ticket office told me I had a 75-25 chance or so when I was trying to buy them. I took care of that in the springtime, so inquiring for tickets this late in the game is probably more costly. Regardless, pretty amazing to hear. Absolutely cannot wait to be watching games in moody again
SMU Class of 2014
Fresno Mustang
All-American

Postby PonyKris89 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:21 am

Treadway21 wrote:I heard the segment and it was great for SMU even though they kind of promoted the perception of SMU being a Park Cities rich person ticket. They talked about how much better EMan would have it if he had played for LB and SMU. Put the blame on Prime Prep for not having courses acceptable to the NCAA.

The season ticket thing came up cause Basik was trying to get in on new tickets. It sounded like they said if he donated $50K he would be guaranteed tickets, and everything under meant he would drop down the list behind more and more people. Skin said he knew a guy that had season tickets before we had Larry Brown and his tickets renewals were reasonably priced, so he accurately described that the cause of the price spike is how hot tickets are.

I think it is a great thing that SMU is already having media talk about us - can't remember anytime SMU basketball was a topic of conversation in July. Next season is going to be nuts.

I agree on all you said here Treadway 21… Just didn't have time to post it, as I was out in the field today. It did kinda bother me though about his comments on donations. Hopefully he finds a reasonable deal to get him tickets. He is a good analyst on basketball, although that opinion comes from his die-hard Mavererick analysis.
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby Treadway21 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanks for posting. I am glad you brought it up cause I thought it was interesting. I also thought his comments on the donations kind of hurt us by playing into our rich private school reputation - see Skins comments about no fans from mesquite coming to watch SMU, but it does reinforce the buzz and also shows how much respect LB gets in the media. I hope he gets tickets cause he is a smart sports fan and would talk SMU.
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby DiamondM » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Look, if you have no donation or season ticket buying history, and you want to jump ahead in the priority points to guarantee you are at the top of the wait list to get in-demand season tickets in a 7000 seat arena, then, yes, you have to Pony Up for that privilege.

That's what happens when you don't invest when the stock price is low. You have to pay a premium to get a share.

Now those of us who bought low, way low, are ready for the big dividend check (I'm not selling).
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby lwjr » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:42 am

DiamondM wrote:Look, if you have no donation or season ticket buying history, and you want to jump ahead in the priority points to guarantee you are at the top of the wait list to get in-demand season tickets in a 7000 seat arena, then, yes, you have to Pony Up for that privilege.

That's what happens when you don't invest when the stock price is low. You have to pay a premium to get a share.

Now those of us who bought low, way low, are ready for the big dividend check (I'm not selling).

You are right on the money with that comment.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby Treadway21 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:48 pm

DiamondM wrote:Look, if you have no donation or season ticket buying history, and you want to jump ahead in the priority points to guarantee you are at the top of the wait list to get in-demand season tickets in a 7000 seat arena, then, yes, you have to Pony Up for that privilege.

Buying mine during LB 'a first year is the best decision I ever made.
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby PonySnob » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Treadway21 wrote:Thanks for posting. I am glad you brought it up cause I thought it was interesting. I also thought his comments on the donations kind of hurt us by playing into our rich private school reputation - see Skins comments about no fans from mesquite coming to watch SMU, but it does reinforce the buzz and also shows how much respect LB gets in the media. I hope he gets tickets cause he is a smart sports fan and would talk SMU.

Supply and demand...............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Treadway21 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Yes. It is very nice to be in demand. Thanks LB.
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Next

Return to Basketball