PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Markus Kennedy Tweet

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Markus Kennedy Tweet

Postby TDMustang » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:54 am

@mark_kennedy5: 10 months and it's a rap!!

Open for interpretation but my take is it seems he's really believing he can get in good draft position by the end of this year. Hope he can have a big season and make it happen
TDMustang
Junior Varsity

Re: Markus Kennedy Tweet

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:10 pm

That would be great for Markus. I think two more years would be best but I'm sure LB will push him to do the right thing. If we have a good season, he very well could get drafted.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Guys who are 6'9" 250 and can run the floor and pass the ball like he can don't grow on trees. He has a lot of work to do still, but I think it's entirely possible and frankly I hope it works out for him because that would mean he had an excellent 2014-15 season for us.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby PonyFan32 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Based on his tweet, is anyone else thinking he might forego basketball and start a career in hip hop? :lol:
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Guys who are 6'9" 250 and can run the floor and pass the ball like he can don't grow on trees. He has a lot of work to do still, but I think it's entirely possible and frankly I hope it works out for him because that would mean he had an excellent 2014-15 season for us.

He has no jump shot to speak of, but if he does indeed develop one, I would imagine he'll bounce.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:57 pm

I believe Markus is academically a senior and 10 months refers to time to graduation, at which point he could go pro or enroll in a grad program for his final season of eligibility
CalallenStang

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:23 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:Guys who are 6'9" 250 and can run the floor and pass the ball like he can don't grow on trees. He has a lot of work to do still, but I think it's entirely possible and frankly I hope it works out for him because that would mean he had an excellent 2014-15 season for us.

He has no jump shot to speak of, but if he does indeed develop one, I would imagine he'll bounce.

Yeah unless he's framing himself as the next DeJuan Blair, he needs to demonstrate that he can get a 15-18 ft J. NBA is all about playing small/playing stretch 4 (aka a guy who can play pick and roll and step out to consistently hit a mid-range J or better yet a 3333333).

I hope he does this and BLOWS UP this year.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 pm

TDMustang wrote:@mark_kennedy5: 10 months and it's a rap!!

Hopefully, it's a wrap.
Bergermeister

Postby ojaipony » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:44 pm

probably referring to his graduation, but I've always felt this is his last season playing for SMU basketball. He's 23 now, I think. Needs to start getting PAID! (I KNOW I will get blasted, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's KF and Nic's last season also).
ojaipony

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:14 pm

ojaipony wrote:probably referring to his graduation, but I've always felt this is his last season playing for SMU basketball. He's 23 now, I think. Needs to start getting PAID! (I KNOW I will get blasted, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's KF and Nic's last season also).

If KF is as good as we all hoped he would be, then yeah, he'll probably go, but Nic? He's like 5 feet tall. Where on earth do you think he's going?
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CoxMustangFan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm more concerned he'll do that damn grad-fer move that has become way too popular.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:I'm more concerned he'll do that damn grad-fer move that has become way too popular.

Ah,I see. I don't think nic would want to tick off his former NBA champion hall of fame coach with more contacts in the league than anywhere else he could go. He's already the man here. It's his team.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU15 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:49 pm

http://instagram.com/p/qxnicXyynq/

Looks like Markus has added the 3 to his repertoire
"And as long as they're keeping score, there will always be people who try to do everything they can to put up more points than the other guy." -Brent Musberger
SMU15
Varsity

Postby CoxMustangFan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:18 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
CoxMustangFan wrote:I'm more concerned he'll do that damn grad-fer move that has become way too popular.

Ah,I see. I don't think nic would want to tick off his former NBA champion hall of fame coach with more contacts in the league than anywhere else he could go. He's already the man here. It's his team.

Bop, I was talking about MK, but I suppose you face the same potential issue with Nic.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby Fresno Mustang » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:31 am

On the topic of Markus kennedy social media coverage, he posted an instagram video today w/ a caption along the lines of "and they said I couldnt shoot" and then he hits 5 threes in a row. So hopefully he's been doing that all summer and spring
SMU Class of 2014
Fresno Mustang
All-American

Next

Return to Basketball