PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Report: Mudiay cleared by NCAA clearinghouse

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Report: Mudiay cleared by NCAA clearinghouse

Postby smusportspage » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:49 am

Whatever, I just hope if we get another top recruit history does not repeat itself. I would think to insure that, somone should figure out where the problem truly lies and make sure it does not happen again in the future. Seems like Kentucky, Kansas and Louisville to name just a few have figured it out.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:06 am

Really, you think they haven't had Clearinghouse issues worse than this? I know they have-it wouldn't take me long to find them
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Stallion wrote:Really, you think they haven't had Clearinghouse issues worse than this? I know they have-it wouldn't take me long to find them

I think they've had 3 top 50 kids in hoops, in just two years. All qualified, including several of the role players off last years team that got ships too. I'm not defending Prime as an institution, its just too easy to blame them, when the hoops track record speaks otherwise
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Right and Kansas has too-and from my recollection some of those Clearinghouse issues lasted past the start of the school year or at least fall camp. I'm just saying the timing wasn't particularly suspicious on this
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby smusportspage » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Stallion wrote:Really, you think they haven't had Clearinghouse issues worse than this? I know they have-it wouldn't take me long to find them

Not saying it was soley a Clearinghouse issue. Are you? I honestly do not know what the issues are. My gut tells me it was not just the money for mom and it probably was less to do with the Clearinghouse and more to do with other factors which were not necessarily in SMU's control. Hopefully in hindsight, SMU will know what to look for in future situations. I am leading towards what Hoopmanx is saying....UnderArmour.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby Nacho » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:54 am

the issue as i understand it was about him being paid by ua.
smu naturally wanted no part of that.
it looked like it was going on drag on and drag smu down with it.
mudiay looked like he was in deep trouble so he bolted.
now somehow he is cleared.
the ncaa doesn't want this kind of thing to happen on a regular basis since problably every high profile player is in the same situation.
once again we are the whipping boy.
Nacho

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:30 am

Treadway21 wrote:The further away we get from the actual news the less I care. Yes he would have been great. But since he never set foot on campus or played a minute in a SMU uniform, I just can't get worked up over the loss. Time heals all wounds. This is done.

We have a great team - all those returning starters is what I get worked up about not the loss of unrealized potential.

Exactly. Let others worry about a) what might have been and b) fixing the system ( yeah...good luck with that!)

We have a solid team, a great coaching staff, a seriously cool house and great fans. Let's just go out and win some games.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Previous

Return to Basketball