PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New BBall Season Tix Holder

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

New BBall Season Tix Holder

Postby SmooBoy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:02 am

After having six season tickets for football for many many years, I have added four basketball tickets. We ended up at all but one home game last year, and the bang for your buck for entertainment at Moody is sky-high. It's an absolutely electric palace. Cannot wait for LB and the boys in November.
SmooBoy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: New BBall Season Tix Holder

Postby Pony_Law » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:13 am

Congrats on your season tickets.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUstangs22 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:40 am

I as well share your excitement.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby stl.pony » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:50 am

How many priority points did you have? Curious for my friends who were / are on the list without already having season tickets.
stl.pony
Junior Varsity

Postby NY Pony » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:22 pm

stl.pony wrote:How many priority points did you have? Curious for my friends who were / are on the list without already having season tickets.

Better question is how many $$$ he shelled out. People are dropping large donations to move up the list
NY Pony
All-American

Postby Monkeystang » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:38 pm

I am still trying to pick up another 2 seats. Have four now and they wanted an additional $2,500 in donation.
Monkeystang
All-American

Postby SMU1523 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:16 pm

I actually secured my basketball season tickets today. I am very low on MC points and I am absolutely blown away that I was able to purchase season tickets. I imagine the Mudiay ordeal helped free up demand a bit. I got cheap seats ($180 per ticket), but honestly I just feel lucky enough to have been able to get those. I remember about 3 months ago a ticket office employee told me it would probably take around a $2500 donation just to have a shot at tickets...
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby ponyte » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:00 pm

I got a pair of tickets as well. I won't be there very much so one consideration was help in distributing the tickets. The athletic department assured me they could use my 'donated' tickets which satisfies me.

They are not primo tickets but at least I was able to get them.
ponyte

Postby coloradoStang » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Im trying to get some (senior this year) but figured I should get on the season ticket holder list so its easier to get some when I graduate next year. And I have family in the area who would love to go to games. How did you get yours? I've requested information a couple times and haven't heard anything?
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby Grant Carter » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:16 pm

coloradoStang wrote:Im trying to get some (senior this year) but figured I should get on the season ticket holder list so its easier to get some when I graduate next year. And I have family in the area who would love to go to games. How did you get yours? I've requested information a couple times and haven't heard anything?

Call the ticket office. Good idea to plan ahead like that.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU1523 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:22 pm

I don't know the exact process to tell you what to do, but I'll tell you how I did it. I have had a ticket office account for about 5 years, purchasing football away games and bowl games. This is my first year to buy season tickets. I am young alum (2012) and do not have a lot of discretionary cash. I donated a $100.00 to MC. Bought a pair of football season tickets and I guess that was good enough to make my way up the list to purchase basketball season tickets. Although, they are the $180.00 seats, I am glad to have gotten in. Naturally, I would think this will be the easiest season to secure tickets for the next few seasons. Next year, if everyone renews, the list will be harder to move up to get a limited amount of open seats. I don't know that for sure, but it seems logical.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby coloradoStang » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Yeah I'm going to call Monday see what they say. If I have to buy a pair of football tickets that will be a bummer because I just walk in free anyways but Ill pony up if I have to. I wonder if current students can get young alumn prices? I'm pretty worried Im going to graduate and next season its going to be impossible to get bball tickets for brand new graduates.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:32 pm

SmooBoy wrote:After having six season tickets for football for many many years, I have added four basketball tickets. We ended up at all but one home game last year, and the bang for your buck for entertainment at Moody is sky-high. It's an absolutely electric palace. Cannot wait for LB and the boys in November.

Welcome to the family smooboy. Glad to have you!
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:44 pm

wonder how much of our football season ticket count rise is due to folks wanting to qualify for basketball. probably not much but it cant be hurting us.
gostangs

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:21 pm

gostangs wrote:wonder how much of our football season ticket count rise is due to folks wanting to qualify for basketball. probably not much but it cant be hurting us.

They are selling beer at Ford next year...we will probably have more people coming/staying at the games
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Basketball