PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tickets to the Michigan/SMU Game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tickets to the Michigan/SMU Game

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:42 pm

I am strongly considering flying up to Ann-Arbor for the Michigan/SMU game on December 20. Anyone out there know the best way to snag tickets to the game? (preferably behind the SMU bench, if possible)
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Tickets to the Michigan/SMU Game

Postby smusportspage » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:46 pm

Yes, inquiring minds would love to know. That would be a great trip. It is a Saturday so it sets up perfectly for a three day weekend right before Christmas.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:49 pm

smusportspage wrote:Yes, inquiring minds would love to know. That would be a great trip. It is a Saturday so it sets up perfectly for a three day weekend right before Christmas.

Agreed. While this means the students are likely gone, hopefully it'll make the crowd more tame.
Last edited by Harry0569 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby Crong » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:56 pm

I called the SMU ticket office about a month ago about tickets to that game. I was told the allotment given to SMU is small. Which means, only player family, SMU staff, and I assume big donors get those tickets. I don't fall into any of those groups, so I was told tough luck and thanks for potentially supporting the program at a road game.
Crong
Varsity

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Crong wrote:I called the SMU ticket office about a month ago about tickets to that game. I was told the allotment given to SMU is small. Which means, only player family, SMU staff, and I assume big donors get those tickets. I don't fall into any of those groups, so I was told tough luck and thanks for potentially supporting the program at a road game.

Well that puts a huge roadblock in my plans.

Hopefully with it being the holidays, tix will be available to the general public.
Harry0569

Postby Crong » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:00 pm

i was encouraged to go through the UM ticket office. I'm sure there will be tickets on stubhub since it's so close to Christmas
Crong
Varsity

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:06 pm

On a similar note... is it impossible to get tickets to an Indiana basketball game?
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:15 pm

Paging OBF...
Harry0569

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:25 pm

PonyPlayer4 wrote:On a similar note... is it impossible to get tickets to an Indiana basketball game?

I would love to go to this game. Make it a long weekend - Thurs-Sun, but what do you do in Indiana for three days? Drive to Chicago?
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:28 pm

If these games are like other road games, SMU ticket office should have some. That is how I got my tickets to both UC and Memphis last year. Hopefully it will be the same since I am planning on going also.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby OhioBrownFan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Harry0569 wrote:Paging OBF...

Haha, how many do you need and where do you want to sit? It's impossible to get tickets for that game through Michigan.

As for Indiana, they also sell out their season tickets, very rarely are tickets ever available, same story as Michigan basically.

But in all seriousness, let me know how many you need and what you're thinking price-wise.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby OhioBrownFan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Terry Webster wrote:If these games are like other road games, SMU ticket office should have some. That is how I got my tickets to both UC and Memphis last year. Hopefully it will be the same since I am planning on going also.

UM and IU are notoriously stingy on visiting team allotments as are most of the Big Ten. It's not quite the same as Memphis or UC, both of these programs have sold out their season tickets year over year and they offer the extra "single game" tickets that are held back to season ticket holders. Whatever's left makes it to the public which is very few and usually for [deleted] games and crappy seats.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby smusportspage » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Well, knowing a few Michigan fans, they probably still consider SMU a " [deleted]" game. No respect I tell ya.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby OhioBrownFan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:29 pm

smusportspage wrote:Well, knowing a few Michigan fans, they probably still consider SMU a " [deleted]" game. No respect I tell ya.

OOC games at Michigan rarely do well even when they're good. They just don't get hyped for them as much, football is king and football is still being played the majority of the OOC schedule.

Harry - Also, if you fly in, cheapest/easiest way is to fly into DTW, Detroit Wayne. Otherwise Toledo via Delta from Atlanta. That's my rec on easiest way to get here. If you need a ride or anything like that, give me a heads up.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby OhioBrownFan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Bump for Harry
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Next

Return to Basketball