PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Markus

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Markus

Postby Junior » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Markus

Postby skyscraper » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Nice!

skyscraper

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:19 pm

If anyone finds this in a store, can you post where. I stopped by B&N near NorthPark but no luck.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby ponyboy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:21 am

Another sign things have definitely changed.
ponyboy

Postby SMU 86 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:53 am

Good picture.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby GiddyUp » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Love his game, will only get better
GiddyUp

Postby shadowman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:18 pm

Sporting News says that they will be at newsstands in a few weeks, so not yet available.

Apparently there are 16 different covers. The one with Markus on it is Region 11 which looks to be Texas and Oklahoma (there is another region with a Kansas player on the cover, so region does not equal conference).

Looking forward to buying a few copies of those and having Markus sign one for me to frame.

https://www.streetandsmiths.com/index.c ... &year=2014
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby ojaipony » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:26 pm

shadowman wrote:Sporting News says that they will be at newsstands in a few weeks, so not yet available.

Apparently there are 16 different covers. The one with Markus on it is Region 11 which looks to be Texas and Oklahoma (there is another region with a Kansas player on the cover, so region does not equal conference).

Looking forward to buying a few copies of those and having Markus sign one for me to frame.

Nice.

I might be moving to Austin soon, and I REALLY want to see us take over the state of Texas in bball. My biggest problem in moving there is having to see all the burnt orange all over the place. My SMU gear will be in heavy rotation when I'm out among the "unwashed masses".
ojaipony

Postby smupony94 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:34 pm

ojaipony wrote:
shadowman wrote:Sporting News says that they will be at newsstands in a few weeks, so not yet available.

Nice.

I might be moving to Austin soon, and I REALLY want to see us take over the state of Texas in bball. My biggest problem in moving there is having to see all the burnt orange all over the place. My SMU gear will be in heavy rotation when I'm out among the "unwashed masses".

You rarely see orange here
smupony94

Postby ojaipony » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:23 pm

smupony94 wrote:
ojaipony wrote:

Nice.

Oh, that's good. I also mean just the coverage in general - assuming it's all UT all the time. Here in Socal people don't even know what SMU is (Singapore?) - too hung up on USC/UCLA primarily. At least most in Austin will know what SMU is. :-)
ojaipony

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:35 pm

The B&N by NorthPark has this mag.

LA_Mustang

Postby whitwiki » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:41 pm

ojaipony wrote:
smupony94 wrote:
ojaipony wrote:[quote="shadowman"]Sporting News says that they will be at newsstands in a few weeks, so not yet available.

Nice.

Oh, that's good. I also mean just the coverage in general - assuming it's all UT all the time. Here in Socal people don't even know what SMU is (Singapore?) - too hung up on USC/UCLA primarily. At least most in Austin will know what SMU is. :-)[/quote]
You'd be surprised.
whitwiki
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:43 am

Everywhere I go people know what and where SMU is. I get comments in Montana.
ponyboy

Markus

Postby lwjr » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:40 am

ojaipony wrote:
smupony94 wrote:
ojaipony wrote:[quote="shadowman"]Sporting News says that they will be at newsstands in a few weeks, so not yet available.

Nice.

Oh, that's good. I also mean just the coverage in general - assuming it's all UT all the time. Here in Socal people don't even know what SMU is (Singapore?) - too hung up on USC/UCLA primarily. At least most in Austin will know what SMU is. :-)[/quote]

Of course, around the UT campus you will see a lot of burnt orange. Outside of UT area as mentioned, you don't see a lot of it. Since UT is the only major game in time the local TV sports and newspaper departments do devote quite a bit of time to the Horns. I don't think it is any different than what the local DFW sports media devotes to the Cowboys. That has been my experience.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Sporting News preview has SMU:

#25 in the national top 25
2nd in the AAC behind UConn
Nic and Markus on the all-conference team
Justin Martin on the all-newcomer team
Moody ranked as #3 venue in the AAC behind FedEx Forum (Memphis) and Gampel Pavillion (UConn)

LA_Mustang

Next

Return to Basketball