PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Elijah Thomas Schedules SMU Official Visit

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Elijah Thomas Schedules SMU Official Visit

Postby TDMustang » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:01 am

Elijah Thomas announced tonight via Twitter that he scheduled his official visit to SMU for the weekend of October 3rd. Even though he scheduled this visit last, it will be his 4th visit out of the 5 he scheduled, with his visit to Texas A&M the only one after ours.

His visit does not coincide with anything special going on on campus (no football game etc.). I was hoping he would come the weekend of November 14th, which is homecoming weekend and friday night is the home basketball opener against Lamar. I seem to remember him saying that he wanted to get all his visits done before the high school basketball season started so I guess that weekend wasn't a possibility.

Out of his final 6 schools list, UNLV was the only to not receive an official visit.

SMU transfer Ben Emelogu and South Grand Prarie native also tweeted in support of Eli scheduling an SMU visit, saying that he hoped Eli would join him next basketball season.

All good signs.
TDMustang
Junior Varsity

Re: Elijah Thomas Schedules SMU Official Visit

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:03 am

awesome. I'm sure he will come to a few games on his own..not worried about that part
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Law » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:07 am

Thomas came to multiple games last season so I think he has had a taste of Moody Magic. I think Thomas is going to be a Mustang. Local kid that has been around the team a lot. I suspect that his supposed "cooling" on SMU, might have had to do with him wanting to take 5 official visits and making sure none of the other programs pulled back thinking he was not likely to give them a real look. As a 17 year old I would have made sure I got to go on every single recruiting trip that I could.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:53 am

We get his last official. Terrific news.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby TDMustang » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:57 am

StallionsModelT wrote:We get his last official. Terrific news.

Like I said in the orginal post, we aren't his last scheduled official visit. He will visit Texas A&M after he visits SMU. I understand the wording is a little confusing with when he scheduled/ when the visit is scheduled. Sorry
TDMustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Planter's Punch » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Pony_Law wrote:Thomas came to multiple games last season so I think he has had a taste of Moody Magic. I think Thomas is going to be a Mustang. Local kid that has been around the team a lot. I suspect that his supposed "cooling" on SMU, might have had to do with him wanting to take 5 official visits and making sure none of the other programs pulled back thinking he was not likely to give them a real look. As a 17 year old I would have made sure I got to go on every single recruiting trip that I could.

I had a similar thought too, if I was 17 why not enjoy all of the fan fair that comes with being a celebrated recruit. I did notice SMU has offered four centers in the 2016 class already. Two from DFW, one from Austin, and one out of state. Is there anything to read into that, in LB thinking Thomas not committing or is it just that they have had more time with the 2016 class?
Planter's Punch
All-American

Postby max the wonder dog » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Planter's Punch wrote:
Pony_Law wrote:Thomas came to multiple games last season so I think he has had a taste of Moody Magic. I think Thomas is going to be a Mustang. Local kid that has been around the team a lot. I suspect that his supposed "cooling" on SMU, might have had to do with him wanting to take 5 official visits and making sure none of the other programs pulled back thinking he was not likely to give them a real look. As a 17 year old I would have made sure I got to go on every single recruiting trip that I could.

I had a similar thought too, if I was 17 why not enjoy all of the fan fair that comes with being a celebrated recruit. I did notice SMU has offered four centers in the 2016 class already. Two from DFW, one from Austin, and one out of state. Is there anything to read into that, in LB thinking Thomas not committing or is it just that they have had more time with the 2016 class?

I don't read anything into offering six centers. Yanick and Cannen are graduating. Markus will have just a year left, if he doesn't turn pro first. Lots of opportunity inside for the class of 2015.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby Pony_Law » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:27 am

Planter's Punch wrote:

I wouldn't read into that, offer 4 hope to get 2 to sign. It's pretty standard to put a lot of offers out there so you have a good chance to always fill up your class.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby B1GPonyFan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:01 pm

If he winds up picking SMU, fine. But they better put him on a plan where he gets in better shape because right now he's not. And this has been an issue even before the thumb injury.
B1GPonyFan
Varsity

Return to Basketball