PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Gilder and Thomas together

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Gilder and Thomas together

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:12 pm

“@GoodmanESPN: Texas A&M target Elijah Thomas told me he is still considering Aggies after their pickup of Tyler Davis. "He's a center. I'm a forward."”
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:58 pm

We need to start getting some commits. We are losing a lot of people we had a good chance at.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby TDMustang » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:08 pm

SMUbballFan wrote:Tyler Davis is committed to Texas A&M

It would appear that the success in football is spilling over into their other men's sports. Biggest caliber basketball recruit for A&M in a long time. Huge
TDMustang
Junior Varsity

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:17 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:We need to start getting some commits. We are losing a lot of people we had a good chance at.

Who have we lost where we were in the top 2, even 3?
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:33 pm

The ultimate scenario - Barefield, Gilder or Mitchell, Bacon and Thomas.

LA_Mustang

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:44 pm

That get is absolutely massive for A&M. I really don't think it's going to stick at all, I posted in the other thread that I'll be shocked if Kennedy isn't [deleted] canned this year after they stumble through another B12 season. That said, Davis has huge upside and turning into a very good player. SMU certainly could've used him but I do think Brown had higher priorities on the board.

As for the Davis/Thomas chatter, I don't think one affects the other. They play two different positions and their games compliment one another more than they are alike. You can stick them on the same floor and get two different skillsets and looks to a team.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby redpony » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:31 pm

hoopmanx- we seem to have had interest in a lot of players that have gone elsewhere. What is your opinion of why and are we doing something wrong in recruiting?
redpony

Postby PonyKris89 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:48 pm

^^ we will get ours, just a little patience. We already have a commit from a great kid in Barefield. More to come..
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby hoopmanx » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:00 am

Straight up, I had a coach who is going to host an official w/McQuaid, tell me he prefers Emegolu to McQuaid. This offseason isn't just about Barefield, who was a great addition. Emegolu is a hoss.

All that said, not having another kid locked up by now, makes me start to question any Jordan Tolbert waiver. W/only 7 returning, Tolbert would be huge next year, far more so than this
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:36 am

hoopmanx wrote:Straight up, I had a coach who is going to host an official w/McQuaid, tell me he prefers Emegolu to McQuaid. This offseason isn't just about Barefield, who was a great addition. Emegolu is a hoss.

All that said, not having another kid locked up by now, makes me start to question any Jordan Tolbert waiver. W/only 7 returning, Tolbert would be huge next year, far more so than this

I really hope Tolbert is saved for next year. The chance of losing MK is hard enough.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby Grant Carter » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:16 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:Straight up, I had a coach who is going to host an official w/McQuaid, tell me he prefers Emegolu to McQuaid. This offseason isn't just about Barefield, who was a great addition. Emegolu is a hoss.

I really hope Tolbert is saved for next year. The chance of losing MK is hard enough.

Agreed. Hoping somehow Emelogu gets the waiver and Tolbert doesn't.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:31 pm

WTF!??

“@D1Circuit: Per @JayJayUSATODAY, Team Texas F Elijah Thomas (@edotcash) picked up a football offer on his LSU visit. Blog post coming on #USATodayHSS”

LA_Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:14 am

OhioBrownFan wrote:That get is absolutely massive for A&M. I really don't think it's going to stick at all, I posted in the other thread that I'll be shocked if Kennedy isn't [deleted] canned this year after they stumble through another B12 season. That said, Davis has huge upside and turning into a very good player. SMU certainly could've used him but I do think Brown had higher priorities on the board.

As for the Davis/Thomas chatter, I don't think one affects the other. They play two different positions and their games compliment one another more than they are alike. You can stick them on the same floor and get two different skillsets and looks to a team.

With the class Kennedy is bringing it should buy him an extra year even if this year does not go that well.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby blackoutpony » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:24 am

LA_Mustang wrote:WTF!??

“@D1Circuit: Per @JayJayUSATODAY, Team Texas F Elijah Thomas (@edotcash) picked up a football offer on his LSU visit. Blog post coming on #USATodayHSS”

Does he even play,football?!?!?!?,seriously??????
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:53 am

They are just sacrificing a FB 'ship to be used for BB.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball