PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

American Conference Schedule To Be Released This Afternoon

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: American Conference Schedule To Be Released This Afterno

Postby Harry0569 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
Harry0569 wrote:How are more people not losing their minds right now?!

Billy Embody, Mark Norris and I had a Twitter convo meltdown.

What are you looking for? A lot of exclamation points?

!!! Yes...or a lot more posts on the topic. I thought the thread would be more active.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
Harry0569 wrote:How are more people not losing their minds right now?!

Billy Embody, Mark Norris and I had a Twitter convo meltdown.

What are you looking for? A lot of exclamation points?

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Seriously, this schedule is just ridiculous. It is going to be an awesome season.

Go Ponies!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Grant Carter » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:05 pm

I was busy putting the game on my calendar and my wife's calendar. I am glad it is UConn for valentine's day. That is an easy sell. USF or someone like that would have been tougher
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:46 pm

The fact that lil SMU is undefeated in conference play against one of the true powers of college bball has to rub them the wrong way. I'm sure they would never admit it bothers them, but it's kinda cool. Our two games this coming season are ESPN's Gameday at Moody and the game of the week on CBS. Thank you, LB!
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby SMU Pony Mom » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:26 am

This is great!!!! So happy (and jealous) my daughter will get to experience big time basketball before she graduates.

Will definitely be at the game at Temple and most likely at UConn (although my allegiance will be split). Will also try very hard to get to Dallas for one game - I NEED to experience Moody!!!
SMU Pony Mom
Heisman

Postby Treadway21 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:52 am

Thanks Harry - this is awesome. Not sure a lot of people knew that the schedule was coming out - I for one just can't get used to having to check in with Basketball this early. It is crazy that we are already getting excited about hoops before labor day and before the fball game.

Thank you Larry Brown.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby Harry0569 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:14 am

Treadway21 wrote:Thanks Harry - this is awesome. Not sure a lot of people knew that the schedule was coming out - I for one just can't get used to having to check in with Basketball this early. It is crazy that we are already getting excited about hoops before labor day and before the fball game.

Thank you Larry Brown.

Honestly, I am looking past football and straight to basketball.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby Treadway21 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:39 am

Harry0569 wrote:
Treadway21 wrote:Thanks Harry - this is awesome. Not sure a lot of people knew that the schedule was coming out - I for one just can't get used to having to check in with Basketball this early. It is crazy that we are already getting excited about hoops before labor day and before the fball game.

Thank you Larry Brown.

Honestly, I am looking past football and straight to basketball.

I know better but just can't quite completely give up. I found myself checking the fball board more than I thought I would this week. Old habits are hard to break. After Sunday it may not be so hard. I can hardly make my self type that.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:22 pm

“@GoWyoGo_com: One of the ESPN Networks will pickup the Wyoming at SMU basketball game. Game tips 5:00pm mst on December 5th.”
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby smupony94 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:26 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:“@GoWyoGo_com: One of the ESPN Networks will pickup the Wyoming at SMU basketball game. Game tips 5:00pm mst on December 5th.”

Can't remember network off hand but it is listed on smumustangs.com
smupony94

Postby Harry0569 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:58 pm

smupony94 wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:“@GoWyoGo_com: One of the ESPN Networks will pickup the Wyoming at SMU basketball game. Game tips 5:00pm mst on December 5th.”

Can't remember network off hand but it is listed on smumustangs.com

ESPNews
Harry0569

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:17 pm

To answer a few questions I saw while glancing through the thread.

1) Anyone can go to College Game Day. It is not just students, so alum, t-shirt fans, admins, anyone can show up until it is full. This may be different depending on the college but I've never experienced a Game Day where it wasn't open to anyone and everyone. Generally it's heavy students simply because it is much earlier in the day and students are already on campus, so it works out.

Disclaimer: College Game Day actually sucks. The first time I experienced it, not nearly as cool as it looks on TV. You can't see anything, it's hard to even hear what they are saying, and you basically just stand there for a few camera shots for hours. On top of that, you don't even get on TV many times and to get into the front (which every single person thinks they will do), you have to get out there extremely early in the morning and basically miss tailgating and having fun before the game...I do realize this is a night game and Game Day is in the morning but you will miss out on the morning/early afternoon activities.

2) Indiana game will almost certainly be on TV, actually it definitely will. Who is carrying the game changes depending on the day. If it's during the week, I'd guess that B10 network will have the rights. If it's a weekend, B10 has a lucrative deal with CBS so it would likely be on there even though it's early in the season. I can look into who has the media rights but just know that it will be on TV because every Indiana game is on somewhere, even the exhibitions that nobody cares about.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:14 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:To answer a few questions I saw while glancing through the thread.

1) Anyone can go to College Game Day. It is not just students, so alum, t-shirt fans, admins, anyone can show up until it is full. This may be different depending on the college but I've never experienced a Game Day where it wasn't open to anyone and everyone. Generally it's heavy students simply because it is much earlier in the day and students are already on campus, so it works out.

Disclaimer: College Game Day actually sucks. The first time I experienced it, not nearly as cool as it looks on TV. You can't see anything, it's hard to even hear what they are saying, and you basically just stand there for a few camera shots for hours. On top of that, you don't even get on TV many times and to get into the front (which every single person thinks they will do), you have to get out there extremely early in the morning and basically miss tailgating and having fun before the game...I do realize this is a night game and Game Day is in the morning but you will miss out on the morning/early afternoon activities.

2) Indiana game will almost certainly be on TV, actually it definitely will. Who is carrying the game changes depending on the day. If it's during the week, I'd guess that B10 network will have the rights. If it's a weekend, B10 has a lucrative deal with CBS so it would likely be on there even though it's early in the season. I can look into who has the media rights but just know that it will be on TV because every Indiana game is on somewhere, even the exhibitions that nobody cares about.

I really hope a lot of people turn up for Gameday as it will make us look good on TV.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Planter's Punch » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:49 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:2) Indiana game will almost certainly be on TV, actually it definitely will. Who is carrying the game changes depending on the day. If it's during the week, I'd guess that B10 network will have the rights. If it's a weekend, B10 has a lucrative deal with CBS so it would likely be on there even though it's early in the season. I can look into who has the media rights but just know that it will be on TV because every Indiana game is on somewhere, even the exhibitions that nobody cares about.

Thanks
Planter's Punch
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball