PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Crandall Head gone?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Crandall Head gone?

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:15 pm

This isn't a real loss to the team
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:45 pm

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:This isn't a real loss to the team

True, but i wish him well. I just wish that there was a point guard with eligiblity that we could get for this year out there. Who knows, it might be one out there.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:12 am

Rebel10 wrote:

True, but i wish him well. I just wish that there was a point guard with eligiblity that we could get for this year out there. Who knows, it might be one out there.

absolutely; hope Crandall gets to enjoy a final year of eligibility somewhere he can start. He elected to come to SMU when we were still pretty thin. He couldn't have known our recruiting would explode and that he would be one of the last guys on the bench.

As for the PG wish, it would be nice to find someone but pretty unlikely someone is going to come in here hoping to get a few backup minutes. Hopefully the guys we have worked [deleted] their ball handling and can back up Nic when necessary this year. Coach already has a challenge finding minutes for everyone on this roster
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU 86 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:36 am

Charleston Pony wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

absolutely; hope Crandall gets to enjoy a final year of eligibility somewhere he can start. He elected to come to SMU when we were still pretty thin. He couldn't have known our recruiting would explode and that he would be one of the last guys on the bench.

As for the PG wish, it would be nice to find someone but pretty unlikely someone is going to come in here hoping to get a few backup minutes. Hopefully the guys we have worked [deleted] their ball handling and can back up Nic when necessary this year. Coach already has a challenge finding minutes for everyone on this roster

I think a backup point guard would get more than a few minutes. Finding minutes for a point guard when you only have one point guard is different than trying to find minutes at other positions that have multiple good players on the team at those positions.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:53 pm

unless he gets into foul trouble, Nic is going to be on the floor for at least 35 minutes every night
Charleston Pony

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:03 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:unless he gets into foul trouble, Nic is going to be on the floor for at least 35 minutes every night

So what happens when he gets in foul trouble or is having a bad game? 35 minutes a game is not good for any player to have to do. Bottom line as others have stated as well not having a backup point guard hurt us last year and could hurt us this year. I think most are not blind to what happened last year that is why LB got Mudiay.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby hoopmanx » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:08 pm

Seriously, we lost one game last year b/c of back-up PG play. Some of you cry to cry.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:16 pm

hoopmanx wrote:Seriously, we lost one game last year b/c of back-up PG play. Some of you cry to cry.

And we would have made the NCAA tournament with decent backup PG play
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby PonySnob » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:14 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:Seriously, we lost one game last year b/c of back-up PG play. Some of you cry to cry.

And we would have made the NCAA tournament with decent backup PG play

The three home games in the NIT more than made up for the NCAA snub last year.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby PonySnob » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:15 pm

But we lost more than one when our one PG got in foul trouble/started playing like a little [deleted].
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby hoopmanx » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:06 pm

revisionist BS. Name the games, other than Louisville, that not having a back-up PG killed us? Better yet, look at rosters all across the country, and tell me who is loaded, 2 deep, w/true PGs.

We missed the tourney last year b/c of our schedule, and losing bad games we shouldn't have. Few of those had anything to do w/depth at PG.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby GiddyUp » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Maybe the USF game and Temple but Nic will probably play with more caution I would imagine.
GiddyUp

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:11 pm

hoopmanx wrote:revisionist BS. Name the games, other than Louisville, that not having a back-up PG killed us? Better yet, look at rosters all across the country, and tell me who is loaded, 2 deep, w/true PGs.

We missed the tourney last year b/c of our schedule, and losing bad games we shouldn't have. Few of those had anything to do w/depth at PG.

You sound like the revisionist. When Nic went out of te game or starting making mental mistakes you know SMU wasn't the same team.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PonySnob » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:revisionist BS. Name the games, other than Louisville, that not having a back-up PG killed us? Better yet, look at rosters all across the country, and tell me who is loaded, 2 deep, w/true PGs.

You sound like the revisionist. When Nic went out of te game or starting making mental mistakes you know SMU wasn't the same team.

Nic in the conference tournament loss to UofH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Zman89 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:42 pm

I don't think we should worry about Nic.
Zman89
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball