PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Crandall Head gone?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Crandall Head gone?

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Zman89 wrote:I don't think we should worry about Nic.

We are not worried about Nic we are concerned about what happens when he comes out of the game due to foul trouble or whatever.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:56 am

PonySnob wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:revisionist BS. Name the games, other than Louisville, that not having a back-up PG killed us? Better yet, look at rosters all across the country, and tell me who is loaded, 2 deep, w/true PGs.

We missed the tourney last year b/c of our schedule, and losing bad games we shouldn't have. Few of those had anything to do w/depth at PG.

You sound like the revisionist. When Nic went out of te game or starting making mental mistakes you know SMU wasn't the same team.

Nic in the conference tournament loss to UofH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope, he was just awful in that game. Wasn't a matter of having a back-up PG
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:57 am

Rebel10 wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:revisionist BS. Name the games, other than Louisville, that not having a back-up PG killed us? Better yet, look at rosters all across the country, and tell me who is loaded, 2 deep, w/true PGs.

We missed the tourney last year b/c of our schedule, and losing bad games we shouldn't have. Few of those had anything to do w/depth at PG.

You sound like the revisionist. When Nic went out of te game or starting making mental mistakes you know SMU wasn't the same team.

Name 1 team in America that's the same when their all-league PG goes out of the line-up.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:13 am

Ryan Manuel can hold the fort in short stints and same for Brown, IMO. We did fine last year and have a better team this year. Would it be better to have a PG backup - sure, but its not like we don't have guys that can handle the job. And Brown will be even better with a year of experience.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby Zman89 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Treadway21 wrote:Ryan Manuel can hold the fort in short stints and same for Brown, IMO. We did fine last year and have a better team this year. Would it be better to have a PG backup - sure, but its not like we don't have guys that can handle the job. And Brown will be even better with a year of experience.

Agree.
Zman89
Varsity

Postby Stangs1970 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:34 pm

Started another thread on this sorry. He was no good.
Stangs1970
Junior Varsity

Postby Stangs1970 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:35 pm

We do need another point. I guess b Moore will try.
Stangs1970
Junior Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:11 pm

Call me crazy but I'd love to see some of that Ben Moore point-forward look.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:21 pm

Treadway21 wrote:Ryan Manuel can hold the fort in short stints and same for Brown, IMO. We did fine last year and have a better team this year. Would it be better to have a PG backup - sure, but its not like we don't have guys that can handle the job. And Brown will be even better with a year of experience.

I think we all saw the drop off when Nic went out of the game. I know we are trying to make it sound like it was better than what it was but it wasn't. But we'll see how the team improved in that area when the season starts.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:14 am

nobody is denying the fact that we are not as good without Nic on the court. The point is that we have enough talent to weather a few minutes without him
Charleston Pony

Postby Zman89 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:19 am

I wish Crandall the best wherever he ends up.
Zman89
Varsity

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:56 am

Charleston Pony wrote:nobody is denying the fact that we are not as good without Nic on the court. The point is that we have enough talent to weather a few minutes without him

We haven't played one game and you are predicting that. Probably need to wait until and few games into the season before anyone can get a good handle on that. Let's hope he does not have another Houston like game or get in early foul trouble because it will not just be a few minutes then, it will be more. You seem to operating on the premise that there will never be a game in which he will ever be out for more than a few minutes for whatever reason. That is probably a faulty premise.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby ponyswim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:08 am

I thought we did much better adapting to playing without Nic as the season went on - partly thanks to Manuel playing better. Vs. Louisville, we actually got back in the game in the second half w/o Nic, then faded when he came back as I remember.
The big chance for us to get a lot better I think is major improvements from Ben, Keith and Sterling + add Martin. Have a better Yanick, and a more mature Nic. If that happens they will figure out how to play w/o Nic in the game.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby ponyscott » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Stangs1970 wrote:Started another thread on this sorry. He was no good.

That's not the case at all..he just didn't fit in the scheme at SMU...it happens.
ponyscott

Postby Pony ^ » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:50 am

Will never forget Crandall's game against Cincy. He was a big part of some big momentum changing buckets.
Pony ^

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball