PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Another missed oppurtunity

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Another missed oppurtunity

Postby Bballer » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:08 am

I would have to say SMU played the best I have seen them play this year and the worst. They were all over the place tonight. Q had a great game. Simpson seemed tired. We played best when Hancock was on the bench. We missed more freethrows. The oppurtunity was ours in the second half when we tied it up and had the momentum, but we lost it. I will hand it to Hawaii, they can shoot the tres.

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Re: Another missed oppurtunity

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:14 am

Yep, another big game slipped away. Savovich is awesome...they have a very good shooting team. Even with a hand in his face he can shoot the 3. The ball seems to flow better when Hancock is on the bench but we don't have any good ball handlers. I sure do wish Voc was playing. It seems like whenever we get close to someone in the final minutes, we shoot a 3 and miss or miss an opportunity...same old story. Is it me or do WAC refs really stink?? On both sides...Q had an obvious charge and #15 was all over Hancock. Man, Hancock has gone south lately. Ross shot well tonight and Neimi had some Ok moves inside.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby FWMustang » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:46 am

Have shooting and defense just gone the way of the Dodo? Is it all street ball now?

My dad was telling me tonight that he is tired of seeing the same game every night. And he's right. They are usually in the game until 8 min left in 2nd half. Then the other team goes 14 for 15 and we go scoreless for 6 min and wind up losing because we missed 4 of 6 FTs and can;t make a layup. Stop me when this sounds familiar.

Oh well we're young and Bhop will post people up and solve our shooting problems.
Go RED! Go BLUE! Go MUSTANGS! S-M-U!!
FWMustang
Varsity

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:13 am

Have shooting and defense just gone the way of the Dodo? Is it all street ball now?

Except if you are Tulsa, Hawaii, etc with good coaching...

Yes, when your coach is D E M E N T. Can't anyone on our team hit a simple open J besides a 3 pointer?

Same ole' crap game after game. I am getting pretty tired of it!
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Horseshoe » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:12 pm

Savovic is an amazing shooter, but that Carl English guy was amazing. He's the first opposing player I've seen all year that I'd pay to watch, even if he wasn't playing against SMU. He can do everything. Played 39 of 40 minutes, and never seemed to get tired. Even after the game, he was running and bouncing all over the place while shaking hands. Is there a limit to his injury? Savovic was huge with 29, but English won the game for the Warriors.
Horseshoe
All-American

Return to Basketball