PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tolbert sitting out this season

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tolbert sitting out this season

Postby CalallenStang » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Great news. Need him next year more than this year.
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby B1GPonyFan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:57 pm

mrydel wrote:Does he decide to leave?

His eligibility would be such a mess if he did that.
B1GPonyFan
Varsity

Postby hoopmanx » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Rebel10 wrote:I think by LB redshirting him that we could be trying to make a run at the national championship in 2015. If Emelogu isn't declared eligible it may hurt this year but next year we could be loaded depending on how recruiting goes. I think we are just trying to get to the dance this year and make a little noise. Next year we go for the whole enchilada.

For someone who follow hoops the way you do, your reasoning escapes me w/consistency. LB realizes '15 recruiting isn't going the way they wanted, and they have a bird in hand. This is so calculated and predictable its scary. We return or add Nic, Sterling, Frazier, Moore, Tolbert, Emegolu, Barefield, Kennedy. That's not as good as last years team or this years team, much less a title contender. This is an effort not to be average after being good for two years, not a move to win a natty.

If you're including kids like Elijah, do yourself and ask around about that kid. The biggest local heads will tell you he's an unabashed headcase that believes his hype. That fatty thinks he's one and done.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CoxMustangFan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:17 pm

hoopmanx wrote:That fatty thinks he's one and done.

:shock:
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby CoxMustangFan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:18 pm

hoopmanx wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:I think by LB redshirting him that we could be trying to make a run at the national championship in 2015. If Emelogu isn't declared eligible it may hurt this year but next year we could be loaded depending on how recruiting goes. I think we are just trying to get to the dance this year and make a little noise. Next year we go for the whole enchilada.

For someone who follow hoops the way you do, your reasoning escapes me w/consistency. LB realizes '15 recruiting isn't going the way they wanted, and they have a bird in hand. This is so calculated and predictable its scary. We return or add Nic, Sterling, Frazier, Moore, Tolbert, Emegolu, Barefield, Kennedy. That's not as good as last years team or this years team, much less a title contender. This is an effort not to be average after being good for two years, not a move to win a natty.

If you're including kids like Elijah, do yourself and ask around about that kid. The biggest local heads will tell you he's an unabashed headcase that believes his hype. That fatty thinks he's one and done.

My beer $ is on MK being gone. Sad, but true.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:30 pm

hoopmanx wrote:

Would you not want Eli on the team?
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:40 pm

B1GPonyFan wrote:
mrydel wrote:Does he decide to leave?

His eligibility would be such a mess if he did that.

But is he good enough to have other options? Europe? I really do not know.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:41 pm

SMU Basketball ‏@SMUBasketball 19m

.@Ymoreira35 - 13 pts & 9 rebs vs Mexico. Angola faces Slovenia on Wednesday in #FIBAWorldCup2014. http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/ ... olavMexico …
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby hoopmanx » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:45 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:

Would you not want Eli on the team?

Personally, no. That said, I'll always defer to LB and crew. I've just heard he's one of the biggest head cases in DFW in years. That said, if you polled people, they'd have Frazier on that list as well.

There are lower ranked kids on the board who have far more drive, and only a slightly lessor skillset
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Rebel10 wrote:SMU Basketball ‏@SMUBasketball 19m

.@Ymoreira35 - 13 pts & 9 rebs vs Mexico. Angola faces Slovenia on Wednesday in #FIBAWorldCup2014. http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/ ... olavMexico …

Highest ceiling of any big on our team
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:52 pm

hoopmanx wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:SMU Basketball ‏@SMUBasketball 19m

Highest ceiling of any big on our team

Pray for health. Being able to throw out 2 legit big men that are fresh for 40 minutes will be a pleasure to watch.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby Grant Carter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:53 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:

That concern is the main reason I am happy about this news about Tolbert.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:58 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:

It would suck to lose MK, but if he were to jump it would hopefully mean that he balled out of control.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby B1GPonyFan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:00 pm

hoopmanx wrote:If you're including kids like Elijah, do yourself and ask around about that kid. The biggest local heads will tell you he's an unabashed headcase that believes his hype. That fatty thinks he's one and done.

Preach it because he's nothing but a big fat tub of goo. Mix in a salad, buddy.

OVER RATED!!
B1GPonyFan
Varsity

Postby CoxMustangFan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Harry0569 wrote:
CoxMustangFan wrote:

It would suck to lose MK, but if he were to jump it would hopefully mean that he balled out of control.

...or he took door number 2.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball