PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

student turn out last night

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

student turn out last night

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:26 pm

Why didn't any students come to the game last night? What did you have to lose? They gave us free pizza and prizes after the game. Some of our most loyal fans weren't even there. Rogers, I hope your concert was just dandy. OrangePony, where were you? Where were the rest of the KAs that usually crowd the area behind the announcer? That was just pathetic last night. Y'all missed a pretty good game and a WIN. Everyone that played scored save Pat Simpson. Come on guys, be a FAN!
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Re: student turn out last night

Postby Eddie P » Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:48 pm

Postby rogershealy » Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:56 pm

I got kicked out of the concert before it started, so the joke is on me. Congrats on the win and screw you Deep Ellum Live.
rogershealy
Varsity

Postby MustangOrange » Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:58 pm

I apologize for my absence...myself (and a bunch of the other KA's that usually sit behind the announcer) went to see O.A.R. play (one of my favorite bands--in town last night at Deep Ellum Live). Hope we can win these next three and go into the WAC tourney on a nice little streak...
\"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word.\"--John Steinbeck
MustangOrange

Postby PK » Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:43 pm

Well that accounts for two....maybe three of you. Where were the other 5000+ students? What is it going to take to get the SMU student body interested in supporting our teams???? You watch other schools on TV and they have student fans all over the place yelling and screaming....are our students just soooo sophisticated that they can't lower theirselves to be seen at an athletic event? Doesn't seem to be a problem for them to get sh*t faced drunk and make an *ss of themselves at frat events and weekends in general. I don't understand it....someone please explain.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball