PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jon Forinash

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jon Forinash

Postby DallasDiehard » Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:21 pm

Someone should have told Big Jon it was senior night every night. He played his heart out, for someone who's gotten so little PT this year. Way to finish your home career strong.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: Jon Forinash

Postby Bballer » Sun Feb 24, 2002 9:33 pm

Seems like Forinash has always played Eli well. He is not a great offensive threat but I think he is a somewhat productive player when we have to defend a big man. For teams with weak inside games I don't think he is very good because he cannot run with the Ponies, but when motivated he is a good player. I think overall more PT would have helped his cause during his whole career here.

As for last night, it was great to see big Jon play the way he did and he had a great game.

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Feb 25, 2002 9:25 am

Big Jon was never the same player after suffering that foot injury, or at least it seemed that way to me. Just like Nigel Smith hasn't been the same since his surgery. Big men tend to be slower in developing...a RS year probably would have helped Jon, but I wish him well in whatever he plans to do after graduating.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DreadHead » Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:03 am

Yah, mon. Big Jon brings out the best for Fresno. He has had a rough year, but has hung in there and worked every practice with a good attitude.

Way to go big fella!
DreadHead
Scout Team

Postby PonyFan » Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:34 pm

I think based on his performance against Fresno, Forinash should split the time at center with Mike Niemi. He was really inspired. Nigel Smith, hard as he works, just hasn't played even as well as Big Jon. In a pinch, throw Jibran Kelley in the middle if Forinash and Niemi struggle or get into foul trouble. Jon deserves the playing time.P

[This message has been edited by PonyFan (edited 02-27-2002).]
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Return to Basketball