PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Pay for MM.com?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Pay for MM.com?

Postby No Quarter » Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:22 pm

The times I've asked Gangi a question the response was, "I've got to wait for the word from SMU," or, "I'm only one guy and can't do it all." The idea that he's going to turn a new leaf and come up with much that won't be available on the SMU website - or perhaps by contacting the SID office - is pretty funny.

And the censorship! Gangi did not want a open discussion about the new policy, only e-mail. He deleted the several comments posted under the original announcement.

I would agree that MM has a lot of backbiting and sometimes non sports stuff, and so does this board, as witness the fun someone had recently in responding to questions about football walk-ons. (Still waiting for an answer, actually!) However, some there, as here, are fun to read.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby No Quarter » Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:23 pm

The times I've asked Gangi a question the response was, "I've got to wait for the word from SMU," or, "I'm only one guy and can't do it all." The idea that he's going to turn a new leaf and come up with much that won't be available on the SMU website - or perhaps by contacting the SID office - is pretty funny.

And the censorship! Gangi did not want a open discussion about the new policy, only e-mail. He deleted the several comments posted under the original announcement.

I would agree that MM has a lot of backbiting and sometimes non sports stuff, and so does this board, as witness the fun someone had recently in responding to questions about football walk-ons. (Still waiting for an answer, actually!) However, some there, as here, are fun to read.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby TheSkelf » Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:03 pm

It really pissed me off that Gangi shut down that topic about turning part of MM.crap into a pay service. I posted in that thread. He responded by insulting me and insisting that I reply by email. When I posted that it was rediculous to require response only by email and that he needed to learn some customer service (I believe my exact words were that you do not get people to give you money by attacking them) he shut the thread down, even though I told him that I didn't email him so that EVERYONE could read what crap he was going to have that was so exclusive. What kind of crap is that? Is he trying to turn a profit off the damned thing now. i know that it doesn't have to cost more than 50 or 60 bucks a month to have a basic website. What is extra money going to help him do? Will he pay SMU for this exclusive crap (is that crap legal)? Long live PONYFANS.COM!!!

------------------
....and yes, crap is my favorite word.
TheSkelf
Recruit

Postby braginator » Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:49 pm

Score one for Skelf!
braginator
Junior Varsity

Postby Eddie P » Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:41 pm

We like you, Skelf.

Do I know you...I owe you at least three rounds of drinks for your latest post.

Postby Rambo » Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:59 pm

Skelf, could you identify yourself?
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Postby TheSkelf » Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:14 pm

Ed P. - We are aquainted. Thanks for the offer, but I don't require drinks.

Rambo - No. My anonymity ensures that I can be true to my mission of being able to speak the truth, which sometimes is offensive, and not be held publically accountable. My comments to some could adversely affect my business in the real world.

[This message has been edited by TheSkelf (edited 03-05-2002).]
TheSkelf
Recruit

Postby Eddie P » Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:37 pm

Skelf-

That is fine...maintain your stealth mode.

I do have one more question, since we are supposedly acquainted...do we get along? You'll forgive me, but I think I'm acquainted with a couple of thousand people at this point.

Postby TheSkelf » Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:08 pm

We get along fine. However we don't see each other all that often.
TheSkelf
Recruit

Postby Rambo » Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:16 pm

Did anyone else notice that Gangi once again deleted messages? Fortunately this time it was warranted. It just goes to show that MM.com is going to drive itself into the ground.
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Postby WildHorse » Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:19 pm

I like your prediction, Rambo
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball