PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Pay for MM.com?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Pay for MM.com?

Postby Rambo » Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:54 pm

Did anyone else notice that MM.com is going to convert to a pay site. Long live Ponyfans.com!
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Re: Pay for MM.com?

Postby PK » Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:25 pm

Well for some things....the message board will still be free.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rambo » Thu Feb 28, 2002 4:18 pm

Does Gangi have exclusive info that isn't available to anyone else? Why would someone pay for things that are free other places?
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Thu Feb 28, 2002 4:45 pm

Ask Barnum & Bailey...

Actually, and I'm just guessing, folks would be paying for him to search it out and put it all in one place for easy access. I'm always amazed at some of the questions posted over there by people who obviously don't know how to search the internet for information. They won't even go over to smumustangs.com for some basic info. Oh well....
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Eddie P » Thu Feb 28, 2002 5:57 pm

Rambo hit it on the head. Exactly what is going to be printed in this "exclusive" content section that can't be found with just a few clicks of the mouse? So far, I have been thoroughly unimpressed with the flow of "inside information" coming from that site. What, are we going to start publishing the minutes from the Mustang Club meetings? Tap Jim Copeland's phone? What? Spare me the rhetoric.

Postby ponystudent » Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:50 pm

LaDanian Tomlinson could get more inside info on SMU than Gangi could. Or maybe Cody Monk, Gangi's partner, will be handling the inside info...on wrestling at SMU.
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Postby braginator » Sun Mar 03, 2002 2:25 pm

That is a horrible website. I just looked at it for the first time, and I will be sure to never go there again.
braginator
Junior Varsity

Postby Rambo » Sun Mar 03, 2002 4:07 pm

braginator, you may earn credibility yet!
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Postby braginator » Sun Mar 03, 2002 4:51 pm

Thanks a lot Rambo. I try to speak the truth and that site just flat out sucks.
braginator
Junior Varsity

Postby Rambo » Sun Mar 03, 2002 4:55 pm

Yeah it does! Those people are not fans. They are couch potato coaches and the overly vocal minority. Long Live PonyFans.Com!
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Postby TheSkelf » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:51 pm

What in Pete would make Gangi think that he can offer exclusive information that won't be available someplace else? I'll bet that aside from video taping closed-to-the-public practices and webcasting them, he can't offer crap. Does he make money off the site right now? Can't he get advertisers? Looks like MustangManiacs.com will be up for public auction before long. Nothing personal against the Gange, but Rambo is right, the don't even seem like fans. Too many people can get on and post without any effort. This site is completely private, but the registration process keeps people from posting BS, especially stuff about selling crap. These are SPORTS message boards for SMU fans. Go to some yahoo chat room to talk about other crap.

------------------
....and yes, crap is my favorite word.
TheSkelf
Recruit

Postby TheSkelf » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:52 pm

What in Pete would make Gangi think that he can offer exclusive information that won't be available someplace else? I'll bet that aside from video taping closed-to-the-public practices and webcasting them, he can't offer crap. Does he make money off the site right now? Can't he get advertisers? Looks like MustangManiacs.com will be up for public auction before long. Nothing personal against the Gange, but Rambo is right, they don't even seem like fans. Too many people can get on and post without any effort. This site is completely private, but the registration process keeps people from posting BS, especially stuff about selling crap. These are SPORTS message boards for SMU fans. Go to some yahoo chat room to talk about other crap.

------------------
TheSkelf
Recruit

Postby TheSkelf » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:53 pm

sorry, this posting crap is new to me, as my number of posts shows

------------------
TheSkelf