PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mickey Mitchell - to Ohio State again

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Mickey Mitchell - to Ohio State again

Postby CenTXpony » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Just to squash any thoughts or rumors about Mickey possibly coming here...I was told yesterday by someone close to the program that Mickey visited OSU again and was a lock to go there despite his brother transferring out. This came from an inside source close to both OSU athletics as well as the Mitchel fam.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Re: Mickey Mitchell - to Ohio State again

Postby Harry0569 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:45 pm

CenTXpony wrote:Just to squash any thoughts or rumors about Mickey possibly coming here...I was told yesterday by someone close to the program that Mickey visited OSU again and was a lock to go there despite his brother transferring out. This came from an inside source close to both OSU athletics as well as the Mitchel fam.

Recruiting infraction. OBF gave him $$$
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OhioBrownFan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Harry0569 wrote:
CenTXpony wrote:Just to squash any thoughts or rumors about Mickey possibly coming here...I was told yesterday by someone close to the program that Mickey visited OSU again and was a lock to go there despite his brother transferring out. This came from an inside source close to both OSU athletics as well as the Mitchel fam.

:lol: Haha, I did no such thing. But fwiw, I heard the same thing. He did visit Ohio State with Grandstaff this past weekend to watch an a$s-kicking by V Tech.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby CenTXpony » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Harry0569 wrote:

I heard this as well. Haha
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby indianamustang » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:33 pm

It's official. He tweeted that he's going back. What does this mean for Thomas?
indianamustang

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:08 am

indianamustang wrote:It's official. He tweeted that he's going back. What does this mean for Thomas?

I assume you're talking Elijah? If so, no impact.

This was completely independent, Mitchell never wanted to decommit in the first place, was a decision in the heat of a moment and did it for the wrong reasons.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby CenTXpony » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:15 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:
indianamustang wrote:It's official. He tweeted that he's going back. What does this mean for Thomas?

This was completely independent, Mitchell never wanted to decommit in the first place, was a decision in the heat of a moment and did it for the wrong reasons.

Meaning.... OBF shelled out more money.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:00 pm

CenTXpony wrote:
OhioBrownFan wrote:

Meaning.... OBF shelled out more money.

OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Return to Basketball