PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Next Year

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Next Year

Postby smu'06 » Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:16 pm

To whom it may concern in the PonyFans Community:

I would just like to tell you all that I will not be attending SMU in the fall, instead I have accepted an offer of admission from the University of South Carolina.

Many of you are probably wondering, why I picked South Carolina over SMU, well here is why:
The distance was a factor, I can drive from my house in Northern Virginia to USC's campus in under 8 hours, easily manageable in a day. By the time you factor in driving to the airports, parking, waiting in the terminal, SMU, by air is a good 6 and half hours going there and 7 and a half hours coming back.

The distance was the main factor, the strength of programs for business is equal; South Carolina obviously has a bit more school spirit; though the beauty and atmosphere of SMU was almost enough to sway
my decision the other way.

I may come back to this message board to post once in a while and to see how things are going down on the Hilltop.

To all those I spoke to about SMU and who I have corresponded with on this board, I apologize if I misled you in any way.

Most Sincerely,

Adam Piper
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Re: Next Year

Postby PonyPride » Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:26 pm

'06 -

Sorry to lose you - you seemed like you were going to be a great part of the SMU community.

With that said, let's just say you're an honorary PonyFan for life, and best of luck to you at USC.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Next Year

Postby smu'06 » Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:00 pm

PonyPride -

I would be honored to be an honorary Pony Fan for life, hopefully Coach Bennett will be able to bring among other things a WAC Championship to the Hilltop and Coach Dement will finally be able to get the ponies into the Big Dance.

I will continue to Cheer on the Mustangs in all endeavors that are not against USC.
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball