PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Antonio Blakeney

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Antonio Blakeney

Postby Junior » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:22 am

Any chance? Is he someone we were interested in?
Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Antonio Blakeney

Postby OhioBrownFan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:04 pm

lol no. He'll probably end up back at Louisville, although I'm pretty sure his handler is pro-LSU. I could be wrong but pretty sure. This is a classic grassroots b/s commit/decommit. This is the type of recruitment where a lot of shady [deleted] is going down but SMU will not be in it, nor while just about any other team outside the SEC, Nike schools and Louisville. My best guess is back at Louisville though unless he really gets some serious heat put on him.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:19 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:lol no. He'll probably end up back at Louisville, although I'm pretty sure his handler is pro-LSU. I could be wrong but pretty sure. This is a classic grassroots b/s commit/decommit. This is the type of recruitment where a lot of shady [deleted] is going down but SMU will not be in it, nor while just about any other team outside the SEC, Nike schools and Louisville. My best guess is back at Louisville though unless he really gets some serious heat put on him.

I believe pitino told him they will not be recruiting him anymore.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby OhioBrownFan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
OhioBrownFan wrote:lol no. He'll probably end up back at Louisville, although I'm pretty sure his handler is pro-LSU. I could be wrong but pretty sure. This is a classic grassroots b/s commit/decommit. This is the type of recruitment where a lot of shady [deleted] is going down but SMU will not be in it, nor while just about any other team outside the SEC, Nike schools and Louisville. My best guess is back at Louisville though unless he really gets some serious heat put on him.

You sure? I've not been paying close attention to the situation. I know what happened behind the scenes, Nike vs Adidas school, his AAU team is E1T1 which is on the Nike EYBL circuit, I know there was pressure put on his handlers by Nike that wanted him to look around before committing to the first school he looked at. As far as I'm concerned, his recruitment does not affect me and therefore haven't paid real close attention. This is just something that was relayed to me by a friend in the recruiting industry.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:49 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:

You sure? I've not been paying close attention to the situation. I know what happened behind the scenes, Nike vs Adidas school, his AAU team is E1T1 which is on the Nike EYBL circuit, I know there was pressure put on his handlers by Nike that wanted him to look around before committing to the first school he looked at. As far as I'm concerned, his recruitment does not affect me and therefore haven't paid real close attention. This is just something that was relayed to me by a friend in the recruiting industry.

It is all over Twitter. Also jerry Meyer gave a long interview about it.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby OhioBrownFan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Grant Carter wrote:It is all over Twitter. Also jerry Meyer gave a long interview about it.

Damn, I think it's a mistake to stop recruiting him. He's too good.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Man, it so good to have you on this board OBF
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:55 pm

ponyboy wrote:Man, it so good to have you on this board OBF

Lol, you being serious or sarcastic? I wish we had some interesting things to talk about. I'm still licking the wounds after the V Tech loss and just waiting for basketball season to get here. Next week my youngest sister has got a major AAU tournament and I'm looking forward to it big time if that tells you how bored I am waiting for BBall to start :lol:
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm serious. You and HoopmanX and of course devil in the machine are my favorite posters on here. Always some good intel.

By the way, OSU means Oklahoma State to 70% of the posters here, including me. I have to always remember you're talking about the Woody Hayes school not the glow orange inbreds.

Good luck to your sister!
ponyboy

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:39 pm

ponyboy wrote:I'm serious. You and HoopmanX and of course devil in the machine are my favorite posters on here. Always some good intel.

By the way, OSU means Oklahoma State to 70% of the posters here, including me. I have to always remember you're talking about the Woody Hayes school not the glow orange inbreds.

Good luck to your sister!

Yeah, I'll have to fix that. tOSU*** And thanks, I'm hoping she lands the offer she wants here but she's already been blessed to have the opportunity to play college bball regardless of whether it's her dream school or not, but I really appreciate it.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Return to Basketball