PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jean Micahael Mudiay gone?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jean Micahael Mudiay gone?

Postby Dutch » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Jean Micahael Mudiay gone?

Postby Dutch » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:22 pm

He must have gone with his bro to china. i can't blame him or EM for that. good that it frees up a roster spot, b/c he did about as much as wilfong but took a scholarship. no way he was cut. LB would have honored the scholly, unless he NEEDED that seat on the bench for someone else. so unless LB is expecting a MASSIVE wave of commitments this weekend, i'd say JMM left to go be a traveling companion, big brother, confidant and supporter to his family's meal ticket. china would be a scary place for an 18yo who knows nothing about it, or the language or anything outside of basketball really.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Dutch wrote:He must have gone with his bro to china. i can't blame him or EM for that. good that it frees up a roster spot, b/c he did about as much as wilfong but took a scholarship. no way he was cut. LB would have honored the scholly, unless he NEEDED that seat on the bench for someone else. so unless LB is expecting a MASSIVE wave of commitments this weekend, i'd say JMM left to go be a traveling companion, big brother, confidant and supporter to his family's meal ticket. china would be a scary place for an 18yo who knows nothing about it, or the language or anything outside of basketball really.

Commitments this weekend would have nothing to do with a current roster spot.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby fifty » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:39 pm

Random note, could have sworn I saw eman at lifetime fitness last friday night. I wonder when he leaves for china.
fifty
Heisman

Postby Dutch » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:41 pm

i know that grant, i was just making some sort of wildass speculation on why he would be cut b/c i couldn't think of ANY reason he woudn't be on there except for quitting. LB is about graduating kids, and he had said he would honor JMM's ship and wanted him to get his sports marketing degree, or whatever it is.
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:42 pm

fifty wrote:Random note, could have sworn I saw eman at lifetime fitness last friday night. I wonder when he leaves for china.

i bet they don't go until a week before play commences.
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby TDMustang » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:20 pm

fifty wrote:Random note, could have sworn I saw eman at lifetime fitness last friday night. I wonder when he leaves for china.

I saw hime at Lifetime last Thursday night so yeah, I know he hasn't left yet. He was shooting around with his 2 brothers, and they were all decked out in Under Armour gear. I should've broken the UA signing news then. Their ball rolled to my end of the court and it took every ounce of self-control I had not to punt it into the rafters.
TDMustang
Junior Varsity

Postby mrydel » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:50 pm

He had offered to leave when Mudiay said he was going to China. He knew he was taking up a spot. Brown told him to stay and get his degree. That is the last I heard but I did have the impression he was going to leave for the sake of the program.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Planter's Punch » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:04 pm

From
mrydel wrote:He had offered to leave when Mudiay said he was going to China. He knew he was taking up a spot. Brown told him to stay and get his degree. That is the last I heard but I did have the impression he was going to leave for the sake of the program.

From what I understood from LB's comments, it sounds like he was also suffering from injuries (a graceful way to let him leave the team), and would still finish his degree at SMU with a non roster scholarship. Not sure what kind of medical related scholarship that would be.
Planter's Punch
All-American

Postby mrydel » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Planter's Punch wrote:From
mrydel wrote:He had offered to leave when Mudiay said he was going to China. He knew he was taking up a spot. Brown told him to stay and get his degree. That is the last I heard but I did have the impression he was going to leave for the sake of the program.

From what I understood from LB's comments, it sounds like he was also suffering from injuries (a graceful way to let him leave the team), and would still finish his degree at SMU with a non roster scholarship. Not sure what kind of medical related scholarship that would be.

That could be right. I just recall that Brown told him not to go which was pretty classy. If he can still get his degree and not be on the roster, even better.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Junior » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Yeah. What happened isn't his fault.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby max the wonder dog » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Off Topic -- Looking at the photo, the team is 9 deep without Emelogu, so there should be plenty of PT for everyone.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Return to Basketball