PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ACCURATE Basketball Recruiting Update

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

ACCURATE Basketball Recruiting Update

Postby 50's PONY » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:12 pm

Yesterday someone from Louisiana Tech posted the WAC ratings for the fall early signing period. I'm sure that he posted it because it showed Louisiana Tech to have the top rated class according to some formula. What else can you? The accurate recruitng class ratings are the ones just now coming out. Plus, S.M.U.'s rating, as shown by our La. Tech friend, was based on a two man class. Future Stars came out with their final ratings yesterday and had S.M.U. and Fresno State tied for the best recruitng classes in the WAC. Louisiana Tech --- came in fourth.
Future Stars said that S.M.U. came up with two extremely outstanding players -- Bryan Hopkins(which we already knew) and Donatis Rackauskas. Word from the campus is that Donatis(who is already here) is the real deal and very, very talented. Also, many people believe that our walk on from Mercer Island is going to come in and push for immediate playing time.
There is also good news on Bryan Hopkins healing and that he is jumping and running very well.
50's PONY
Heisman

Re: ACCURATE Basketball Recruiting Update

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:38 pm

let's just hope the experts are right. We need BHop and "The Rack" to come in here and produce immediately if this program is going tosee continued improvement.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTales » Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:10 pm

I knew The Rack was good, but didn't realize he was THAT highly regarded. If he can contribute as a true freshman, we might have stumbled on to a solid player. We sure need another big guy who can score, to take the pressure off Simpson, Q, Isham and Lowe.

And word is Coach Dement is going to announce his next assistant coach hire this week, and that it's a really good hire. But I haven't been able to come up with any names. Any help out there? PX? Vitale? HorsePower? Corso? DallasDiehard? PK? What are you guys hearing?
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby PX » Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:25 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PonyTales:
<B>I knew The Rack was good, but didn't realize he was THAT highly regarded. If he can contribute as a true freshman, we might have stumbled on to a solid player. We sure need another big guy who can score, to take the pressure off Simpson, Q, Isham and Lowe.

And word is Coach Dement is going to announce his next assistant coach hire this week, and that it's a really good hire. But I haven't been able to come up with any names. Any help out there? PX? Vitale? HorsePower? Corso? DallasDiehard? PK? What are you guys hearing?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Email me if you want, I'll give you the names. JEmbree826@AOL.com
PX
Varsity

Postby Dawg04 » Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 50's PONY:
<B> I'm sure that he posted it because it showed Louisiana Tech to have the top rated class according to some formula. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go look at the rankings again..They are updated. The only reason the fall ranking were even posted was to show how each player ranked out of 10. You will be happy to see Hopkins was a 9. But the main page was up to date information.

<A HREF="http://www.latech.edu/~cho003/recruits.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.latech.edu/~cho003/recruits.htm</A>
Dawg04

Return to Basketball