PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Fresno-ex traded to New Orleans

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Fresno-ex traded to New Orleans

Postby Red+BlueDude » Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:08 pm

The New Orleans Hornets (still not used to that idea) today acquired former Fresno State (and University of Virginia) guard Courtney Alexander from the Washington Wizards in exchange for the Hornets' first-round pick (#17 overall) in tomorrow night's draft. The excuse given was that Hubert Davis and Michael Jordan -- if he comes back -- will back up Richard Hamilton at shooting guard.
Red+BlueDude
Varsity

Re: Fresno-ex traded to New Orleans

Postby whatasteve » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:11 pm

NO!!!!!

This is terrible. They trade Alexander, who is arguably the most talented player on the roster (who admittedly still needs a lot of work -- especially on defense) so they can milk one more season out of the tired knees of Err Jordan, just to stroke his Deion-esque ego? There's a reason this sorry team is so ... sorry. (Why I stay loyal to them is a topic for the psychiatrist's couch, not for this board.) I realize this team hasn't had a real identity since the days of Elvin Hayes, Wes Unseld (as a great player, not as a horrible GM), Greg Ballard, Kevin Porter, etc., but to dump the future for another year of MJ worship is nothing short of stupid.

Now I'm just hoping Hancock gets drafted.
whatasteve
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball