PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MOB Check in

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

MOB Check in

Postby coloradoStang » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Idk who this pertains to but it was just about impossible to check in to the football game today for mob points. The 3g and wifi was not working at all and so people were not able to use the app. A lot of students were very frustrated by this, and I'm not sure there is a solution (short of a major upgrade to the network) But my suggestion is that for football games a swipe in with a student ID will get you your points and we dont have to use the app because it does not work with so many people.

Kids were leaving and coming in and leaving again and walking all over the place trying to get the right cell service to check in.
coloradoStang
All-American

Re: MOB Check in

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:04 pm

coloradoStang wrote:Idk who this pertains to but it was just about impossible to check in to the football game today for mob points. The 3g and wifi was not working at all and so people were not able to use the app. A lot of students were very frustrated by this, and I'm not sure there is a solution (short of a major upgrade to the network) But my suggestion is that for football games a swipe in with a student ID will get you your points and we dont have to use the app because it does not work with so many people.

Kids were leaving and coming in and leaving again and walking all over the place trying to get the right cell service to check in.

You might want to email Hart about this. He needs to know this.

rlhart@mail.smu.edu
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby coloradoStang » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
coloradoStang wrote:Idk who this pertains to but it was just about impossible to check in to the football game today for mob points. The 3g and wifi was not working at all and so people were not able to use the app. A lot of students were very frustrated by this, and I'm not sure there is a solution (short of a major upgrade to the network) But my suggestion is that for football games a swipe in with a student ID will get you your points and we dont have to use the app because it does not work with so many people.

You might want to email Hart about this. He needs to know this.

rlhart@mail.smu.edu

Haha good idea I guess that would be who it pertains to.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby Grant Carter » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Or maybe they wanted the network to be slow so students would stick around?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby coloradoStang » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:13 pm

You actually don't even have to be inside the stadium to check in, which a few of my buddies found out. I don't think that is good either.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby RE Tycoon » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:13 pm

So, that's the reason all the students left after the first quarter, to find a signal and get MOB points?

Seriously though, huge city, right in the middle of said city, off a major highway and we can't get cell service. Even for me it is really frustrating, can't imagine what the mobile crack generation is thinking.
#NewLobCity
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Postby coloradoStang » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:26 pm

RE Tycoon wrote:So, that's the reason all the students left after the first quarter, to find a signal and get MOB points?

Seriously though, huge city, right in the middle of said city, off a major highway and we can't get cell service. Even for me it is really frustrating, can't imagine what the mobile crack generation is thinking.

I mean im sure that wasn't the only reason. But I literally had to walk all the way out of the stadium and over to the new dorms to get on the wifi. Which sucked because I don't like to leave my seat during a game. I came back but I'm sure a lot of people didn't after they walked out.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:01 pm

I had terrible service today which was ridiculous since I was trying to meet up with some people.

They also need to make the MOB check ins count near the end of events.

To be fair, the students have stuck around for the soccer games which count that I have seen, but today was a joke with all of them leaving early.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby mrydel » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:05 pm

You need an awning for that side this time of year.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby coloradoStang » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:36 pm

We had a good presence at the beginning but it was terribly hot and the game was terrible. I made it all the way to the end but had to buy 4 bottles of water to do so and was still uncomfortable. I don't blame them for leaving.
coloradoStang
All-American

Return to Basketball