PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hopkins

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hopkins

Postby DallasDiehard » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:16 pm

Just talked to a guy who's saw B-Hop play numerous times last season, and he said Hopkins is actually faster than Texas guard T.J. Ford. Personally, I find that hard to believe, because Ford is one of the fastest kids I've ever seen. But this guy said Hopkins is faster in a flat sprint, accelerates quicker and he obviously has better jumping ability.

If this guy's not hallucinating, we'll have the best point guard in school history the day he walks on campus.

(This same observer did not give a glowing review of Hopkins' brother, Ryan. He said Ryan hardly got off the bench in high school, except in blowout games.)
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: Hopkins

Postby 50's PONY » Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:42 am

Both of the Hopkins are ALREADY on the campus! Also, there is no need to continue posting derogatory comments about Ryan. This is old news and nobody cares. Mike made the right decision so move on!
50's PONY
Heisman

Postby DallasDiehard » Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:21 pm

For the record, that's not my opinion of Ryan, just reporting what I was told. I've never seen either of them play -- looking forward to getting a look at both of them this season.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby MustangStealth » Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:08 pm

I saw one Lincoln High game last year, and I believe Ryan was 1-3 with 3 points and an assist or two. No need to put him down.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Lanacane » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:56 pm

Please don't talk bad about the Hopkins boys, those are my babies! I love them. They got game.
Lanacane

Return to Basketball