PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Courtside Boxes Replacing Student Section

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Courtside Boxes Replacing Student Section

Postby Mustang Maniac » Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:20 pm

I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on a rumor I just heard concerning some type of portable boxes replacing the student sections in Moody this season. It really frightens me if this is the case. What a terrible blow to the gameday atmosphere this would be. And what the heck are "portable boxes" anyway?
Mustang Maniac

Re: Courtside Boxes Replacing Student Section

Postby rogershealy » Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:56 pm

i cant believe this crap. we need to do something about this ****.

[This message has been edited by PonyPride (edited 09-17-2002).]
rogershealy
Varsity

Postby Mustang Maniac » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:01 pm

I think that the students should complain about this. This stuff totally ruins the gameday atmosphere of Moody. The proximity of the students to the game was the only good thing about Moody, an otherwise outdated venue. I think somebody should assign the Daily Campus to the story and students should start asking where the hell they are supposed to sit.
Mustang Maniac

Postby Bballer » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:50 pm

What gameday atmosphere? There isn't one. If the boxes will bring in revenue then do it. If this coming season rolls around and the student section is filled (that is more than 300 people, which is 250 more than show up in the past) then cancel the boxes. Bottom line is, there is no gameday atmosphere at Moody because the students don't show up. Sell the boxes and make the money.
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby Cupcaking » Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:38 pm

Screw that Bballer! I'm not sitting all the way at the top so old folks who do not cheer can have boxes in the STUDENT SECTION. I make it to every home game and should be able to sit behind my team. Anyway, if this turns out to be true, I'm going to make myself a menace to the athletic department.
Cupcaking
Scout Team

Postby ClassOf81 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:33 pm

I don't like the idea. One of the best parts of the game is the students behind our bench being supportive and those sitting behind the visiting bench, giving the other team a hard time. You think they'd move the student section at Cameron Indoor Arena (Duke)? Of course not. All the wealthy alums in the world wouldn't unseat the Cameron Crazies, and the chance for a few extra bucks shouldn't remove the Moody Maniacs (?) either.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Return to Basketball