PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

When is the Fan Jam?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

When is the Fan Jam?

Postby Mustang Fan » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:42 am

Anyone knows?
Mustang Fan

Re: When is the Fan Jam?

Postby PX » Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:29 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mustang Fan:
<B>Anyone knows?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont believe its even been scheduled yet. It would have to be soon, if they are going to have it. Practice starts on Saturday, and the first exhibition game is in about 3 weeks.
PX
Varsity

Postby Lanacane » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:40 am

Basically it is when the b-ball team both men and women show off their skills and the SMU fans get to enjoy it. They scrimage each other and have a slam dunk contest and other things. It hasn't happened yet, but keep an eye out for it.
Lanacane

Postby PX » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:47 pm

Thanks. but we already know WHAT it is, the guy was asking about WHEN it would happen.
I asked around a bit this morning, and it still hasnt been scheduled yet. There seems to be a problem with class conflicts, several of the players on both teams have night classes. It might be held the Sunday before the first exhibition game, but that isnt set.
PX
Varsity

Postby Lanacane » Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:02 pm

Well excuse me MR. SMARTY PANTS....for trying to be helpful!
Lanacane

Postby Rambo » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:36 am

I don't think there will be a Fan Jam this year. I have class with a couple players. From what I can tell, there is no weeknight that at least 4 or 5 players don't have class. Plus, turnout was pretty bad last year, even the players notice that.
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Postby PX » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:25 pm

Yeah, heard that officially the other day. They couldnt find a night when everyone, or even the major part of both teams, could all be there. I would think it could have been done on a Saturday, but apparently there wasnt enough interest. Too bad.
PX
Varsity

Return to Basketball