PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Admon Gilder announcing Thursday at 11am

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Admon Gilder announcing Thursday at 11am

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:05 am

wow. shocked. I also wonder how this impacts ET's decision. They have one amazing class so far though.

I'll be extremely happy with having Shake and Thomas.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby ponyfan37 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:07 am

At least he didn't go to Ok. State
Pony up!
ponyfan37
Varsity

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:07 am

Getting ET would make everything great. But, I'm just not sure. I think it's ok st or aggy because he is always talking about playing with friends
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:07 am

ponyfan37 wrote:At least he didn't go to Ok. State

You like OSU less than A&M? What the hell?????
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sjackson » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:08 am

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:wow. shocked. I also wonder how this impacts ET's decision. They have one amazing class so far though.

With Thomas being present at Admon's announcement today, I fear he is tied into Gilder's decision. I'll be surprised ET doesn't announce A&M next week...
sjackson
Scout Team

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:09 am

sjackson wrote:
Mustangs_Maroons wrote:wow. shocked. I also wonder how this impacts ET's decision. They have one amazing class so far though.

With Thomas being present at Admon's announcement today, I fear he is tied into Gilder's decision. I'll be surprised ET doesn't announce A&M next week...

True, but surprises are what we have come to expect with the decisions over the last two days. most folks thought Shake would be at OU and Admon at OSU, and look at the turn of events over the last 24 hours. I have faith in LB and the staff.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby smusportspage » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:11 am

Rebel10 wrote:aTm will have a monster class if they get Glider let alone Thomas. They already have the number 6 class in the country now without Gilder.

Yes,the class is shaping up very nicely. Go figure with Rick stansbury as an assistant.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby sjackson » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:13 am

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:
sjackson wrote:

True, but surprises are what we have come to expect with the decisions over the last two days. most folks thought Shake would be at OU and Admon at OSU, and look at the turn of events over the last 24 hours. I have faith in LB and the staff.

LB & staff have to double-down, and pull out all the stops in full-court press for ET between now and next Tuesday. We need frontcourt help badly!
sjackson
Scout Team

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:15 am

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:
sjackson wrote:

OSU is leading with Thomas what makes your faith believe he will turn to SMU and not A&M as Gilder did? Unless it is blind faith and that is not good. We got an out of state kid but A&M is killing it in the DFW area. While we are going hard after DFW area recruits in hoops how many have we gotten this year?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby TDMustang » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:19 am

I am in an office full of aggies and none of them know or care who Admon Gilder and Elijah Thomas are...damn
TDMustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony_Law » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:19 am

So pretty much every top recruit this cycle A&M has landed have come out of nowhere (ie never thought of as a leading candidate). How much do you think they are paying or what do you think is happening in college station when these recruits step on campus? I'm pretty much 100% convinced A&M is being dirty. I know everyone accuses us of the same thing but anyone who is remotely connected to this program understands that our administration is so afraid of having unclean hands that it is not occurring here and we are having to recruit on the pure effort of the coaches alone.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby stangsup4 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:21 am

Knew we should have given AJJ a scholly
Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels
One VERY respected person in Texas told me this am about Texas A&M: "Avery Johnson is the best recruiter I have seen in a long time."
stangsup4
All-American

Postby SMU2007 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Pony_Law wrote:
StallionsModelT wrote:
Pony ^ wrote:A&M is in the lead according to Zagoria

Wow that would be quite the upset. If they land Gilder A&M has flat out dominated DFW basketball recruiting.

I'm not one to normally suspect foul play but if A&M manage to get Glider (which also means they will likely get Thomas) i think there has to be foul play going on. To go from a nothing basketball team to having what would amount to probably the #1 recruiting class in the country while at the same time the boosters are completely flushed with a desire to give to the program just reeks of foul play.

Hilarious
SMU2007

Postby Pony81 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:16 pm

Its all about playing time.

Admon can see the log jam at the 2 and 3. We are beyond stacked at that position and he knows he would get playing time but wouldn't be the main guy at those positions.

At A&M he becomes the main 2/3 guy. Day one. Same with the other players A&M is recruiting. They step in as the starter. Davis, Hogg, will all get major PT.

I can't blame Admon - especially after the Shake announcement. I'm not going to sweat ET. If we don't get him we will find somebody next year as we will be able to show roster holes in the 4/5.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby Pony81 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:16 pm

Its all about playing time.

Admon can see the log jam at the 2 and 3. We are beyond stacked at that position and he knows he would get playing time but wouldn't be the main guy at those positions.

At A&M he becomes the main 2/3 guy. Day one. Same with the other players A&M is recruiting. They step in as the starter. Davis, Hogg, will all get major PT.

I can't blame Admon - especially after the Shake announcement. I'm not going to sweat ET. If we don't get him we will find somebody next year as we will be able to show roster holes in the 4/5.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball