PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Say what you want about Texas A&M

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Say what you want about Texas A&M

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Is that a recruiting violation?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:18 pm

tristatecoog wrote:Is that a recruiting violation?

So you admit he still does that. :lol:
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
tristatecoog wrote:Is that a recruiting violation?

So you admit he still does that. :lol:

I believe it was phone calls that got him in trouble. No one uses a phone anymore and that's not even a violation today. If it's not a violation to text 100x a day or mail a kid 100x a time, then fine. Just do what it takes to win. Baylor and Aggy have found a way.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Even the Aggies are asking "how in the world are we pulling this off?"

TophAg 11:19a VAG
For a team that has been flat out bad on the court for 3 years, how did we all of a sudden capture this recruiting momentum? It is certainly exciting, but I'm curious as to yalls opinion on where it came from.

http://texags.com/forums/7/topics/2543954
Pony ^

Postby Big12Mustang » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Pony ^ wrote:Even the Aggies are asking "how in the world are we pulling this off?"

For a team that has been flat out bad on the court for 3 years, how did we all of a sudden capture this recruiting momentum? It is certainly exciting, but I'm curious as to yalls opinion on where it came from.

$ame as their football recruiting $ucce$$. $EC
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:
Pony ^ wrote:Even the Aggies are asking "how in the world are we pulling this off?"

It was Avery Johnson Jr. Hindsight is 20/20 but we should have taken a chance on him and offered him a scholarship imo.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby ponydawg » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:10 pm

What year will Jalen be at aTm when these freshmen show up? Wonder if he is getting recruited over there.
Hope it still works out for him......even if he did leave us.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Really interesting when Cyp was let go off Aggie staff, and his henchman, Kyle Keller, was promoted. All of the sudden, it's a windfall. Keller has a shadowy past, to some degree.

That said, I have no problem going to other States to get kids. It's really clear to me that LB wants two PGs/lead guards on the floor at the same time. That was going to be the deal w/Mudiay/Nic, and it's what Shake/Sed looks like. Move the ball, find the best looks. I think Foster has above average court IQ as well. We're really deep 1-3. Need a few stop gap bigs, which I'm sure we'll get in the transfer market. After yesterday, Admon couldn't have been any less of a need
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:19 pm

hoopmanx wrote:Really interesting when Cyp was let go off Aggie staff, and his henchman, Kyle Keller, was promoted. All of the sudden, it's a windfall. Keller has a shadowy past, to some degree.

That said, I have no problem going to other States to get kids. It's really clear to me that LB wants two PGs/lead guards on the floor at the same time. That was going to be the deal w/Mudiay/Nic, and it's what Shake/Sed looks like. Move the ball, find the best looks. I think Foster has above average court IQ as well. We're really deep 1-3. Need a few stop gap bigs, which I'm sure we'll get in the transfer market. After yesterday, Admon couldn't have been any less of a need

Interesting note on Keller. Thanks Hoopmanx. Since UConn won a national championship with 2 point guards in the backcourt so can we.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mavsrage311 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:

It was Avery Johnson Jr. Hindsight is 20/20 but we should have taken a chance on him and offered him a scholarship imo.

I said it over and over. He is the pied piper we missed on. Good for A & M. Could've been us...
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby PonyKris89 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Rebel10 wrote:They are building a monster class. Top 3 or 4 class if the get Thomas probably top 5 now with Gilder since they were top 6 before Gilder. This is the class I thought SMU would have. They will be tough in 2 years maybe even next year.

Yeah, it's funny I suggested a while back that it would be great for SMU to lockdown recruiting in DFW. Great basketball hotbed, great city, our great school, etc.

then another poster, (a worshipped bBall poster here some would say), tells me that isn't the way it's done in basketball recruiting. Well, I guess that theory has been blown out of the water!
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby hoopmanx » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:49 pm

We're doing it the way a mid-sized private, w/student body that draws from both coasts, does it. Of the last 5 acquired, Tolbert & Emelogu are locals, 1 from the West Coast, one from Oklahoma, and one from Houston. Balanced
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyKris89 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 pm

I have no problem with what we've done. Just saying there is more than one way to skin a cat. And locking down DFW is what Aggie is in process of doing.

With all that said, I bet there might be at least one or two that question their own verbal once the season kicks into high gear.
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball