PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

We are going to be scrambling for bigs if Thomas goes to A&M

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: We are going to be scrambling for bigs if Thomas goes to

Postby CoxMustangFan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:37 am

TigerJ sounds like another Memphis State [deleted] (Paster4Prez) that visits the KU boards. Actually hope it's the same idiot so there aren't two running around embarrassing what little legit pride they may have.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyscott » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:46 am

Weird deal for a Memphis fan to spend time on a board that doesn't want him or like him. Can't he get the clue...why take the abuse? Move on.
ponyscott
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby max the wonder dog » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

The Lawson brothers will have their Daddy as an assistant coach and Skal, should he sign with Memphis, will have a helicopter guardian just down the road -- the genius who arranged for Skal to be ruled ineligible to play his high school year. Then you may have most or all of the starters from this year's squad returning, including a guard who got the boot at Vandy. Can't imagine CJP will have chemistry problems with a team like that. :lol:
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby Big12Mustang » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:40 pm

ponyscott wrote:Weird deal for a Memphis fan to spend time on a board that doesn't want him or like him. Can't he get the clue...why take the abuse? Move on.

This is how I feel sometimes...except I am actually an SMU fan that gets hated on in his own fan board :lol:
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyFan32 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Rebel10, you completely missed my point. My point was not "stop paying attention to recruiting". I'm as interested in following the recruiting as anyone, but some people are freaking out as if life is over if we miss on Thomas (like the start of this thread). Let's follow it closely but remember we have a good team this year and other options if we miss on Thomas.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:07 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:Rebel10, you completely missed my point. My point was not "stop paying attention to recruiting". I'm as interested in following the recruiting as anyone, but some people are freaking out as if life is over if we miss on Thomas (like the start of this thread). Let's follow it closely but remember we have a good team this year and other options if we miss on Thomas.

If we miss on Thomas we will be scrambling for bigs and that is not life being over just the truth. Not freaking out but you miss on a top target at a thin position next year is not good. Also, since we don't know who will be transferring that will be an uncertainty. Just because you get another player to fill in a gap doesn't mean they will be a quality add (see football and a couple of basketball players). Just because you have other options don't mean they are the best options or they would have pursued those options first. When the season starts no one will be thinking about recruiting but now is an exciting time before the season starts, so some of us are into that. When the season starts the season starts. Since this is message board we can talk about recruiting all we want. If you don't want to talk about it don't read the post nor respond to it but I am looking forward to Tuesday to see what Thomas does.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMU 86 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:43 pm

I agree. Larry Brown said that he is here to win a national championship not just have a good team so everyone can say kumbaya. A miss on a major target on on a school with fans that just want to be good is fine but a miss on a major target on a team trying to win a national championship can cost you a national championship. Mudiay comes here and we have a chance to win the national championship this year but he did not make it on campus. I think we will be good this year and make it to the tournament but not win the national champion. Next year we can win it all if we get a good big man or two to add to the high caliber guard we got imo. Davis did not come here but we have good chance a Elijah imo.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:34 am

Since apparently we did not have a good chance at Elijah, I think now SMU is looking at getting a serviceable big from the looks of the recent offers. That is a fair backup plan imo.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMUstangs22 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:17 am

Who have we recently offered?
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball