PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thomas talks about his upcoming decision (Video)

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Thomas talks about his upcoming decision (Video)

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:49 pm

(Free). Says he want to go to a school that will have an opportunity to win a national championship in his freshman year.

http://smu.scout.com/story/1469509-thom ... -smu?s=357
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Thomas talks about his upcoming decision (Video)

Postby Big12Mustang » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:52 pm

SMU has a great shot at doing do with the class we are building
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony_Law » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Not putting much stock in that but if that is true, that should eliminate the Aggies. Even with this monster recruiting class they won't even compete for a conference championship let alone a national championship Thomas' freshman year.

With our class (if it included Thomas) and what we will likely be returning, SMU looks like a place where we cold have a legit NC chance.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:SMU has a great shot at doing do with the class we are building

Are you saying we have a top 25 class? If Markus goes pro what makes our chances better than the competition.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby stangsup4 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:SMU has a great shot at doing do with the class we are building

If he is true to his word about winning a national championship his freshman year then we no doubt give him the best opportunity to do so. We will have potentially two All-Conference seniors back as well as a couple of big transfers and some blue chippers in the mix.
stangsup4
All-American

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:54 pm

honestly, of his whole list...we are by far the highest rated team and closest to a title:

LSU- Non existent
Aggy- no
Ok st- ehh, no
Illinois- absolutely not
Pony ^

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Pony_Law wrote:Not putting much stock in that but if that is true, that should eliminate the Aggies. Even with this monster recruiting class they won't even compete for a conference championship let alone a national championship Thomas' freshman year.

With our class (if it included Thomas) and what we will likely be returning, SMU looks like a place where we cold have a legit NC chance.

aTm has some transfers this year that sat out and are playing this year. I don't know what OSU has in the pipeline nor Illinois.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMUstangs22 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:37 pm

He may be naive enough to think a&m has a chance with him and his friends fresh year
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:45 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:He may be naive enough to think a&m has a chance with him and his friends fresh year

They have some players like ARob coming in this year that will help them as well. The question is of his final 5 who has the best chance to win the national championship.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMUstangs22 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:48 pm

I doubt that is the only question. It concerns me... there is a difference between "I want to win a national championship my freshman year" and "I want to help win a national championship my freshman year". I'd love to get him and regardless I hope he proves me wrong but... some small fiber of myself has always said he is a bust.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:32 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:I doubt that is the only question. It concerns me... there is a difference between "I want to win a national championship my freshman year" and "I want to help win a national championship my freshman year". I'd love to get him and regardless I hope he proves me wrong but... some small fiber of myself has always said he is a bust.

I did not say that was the only question but it is one of his main questions as far as what team he goes to. He is picking the school that gives him the "best opportunity to win, that’s my whole entire goal, like I said, I want to win a national championship my freshman year." Absolutely nothing wrong with that because that is LB's goal every year as well, as LB and the team have stated publicly.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:40 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:I hope he proves me wrong but... some small fiber of myself has always said he is a bust.

Have you seen him play in order to have that small fiber or is that pure speculation based on nothing? Who do you think out there available is better than him at this point since Davis went to aTm?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMU 86 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:19 am

SMUstangs22 wrote:I doubt that is the only question. It concerns me... there is a difference between "I want to win a national championship my freshman year" and "I want to help win a national championship my freshman year". I'd love to get him and regardless I hope he proves me wrong but... some small fiber of myself has always said he is a bust.

If we get him he does not have to prove anyone right or wrong. He just needs to come in learn the system and play his best. Just have fun without the external pressure. Since we really could use 2 bigs in this class I don't know of anyone else better out there. If there was and we could get them I am sure this coaching staff would be on them assertively now.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:34 am

Oh I agree. And he is by far the best option. I really do want to see him as a Mustang.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball