PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

If SMU gets Vick

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: If SMU gets Vick

Postby Harry0569 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:26 am

hoopmanx wrote:This was an area that upset me about last years team. To deliberate when we had horses to dictate uptempo contests. We are long on long and don't press nearly enough. Moreira may be the best running big in America and Ben Moore is right there, but we don't push it. We grind far too much and don't generate enough easy buckets off tempo

Hopefully, LB watched a ton of tape of YM running the break during the FIBA World Cup and has us pick up the pace when he's on the floor and MK isn't. I think this is especially a great idea when Nic is on the bench.

Last year when Nic was off the floor, our half court offense grounded to a halt. While picking up the tempo may result in an uptick in turnovers, you've got to assume that we can get some easy buckets too.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU 86 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:58 am

Harry0569 wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:This was an area that upset me about last years team. To deliberate when we had horses to dictate uptempo contests. We are long on long and don't press nearly enough. Moreira may be the best running big in America and Ben Moore is right there, but we don't push it. We grind far too much and don't generate enough easy buckets off tempo

Hopefully, LB watched a ton of tape of YM running the break during the FIBA World Cup and has us pick up the pace when he's on the floor and MK isn't. I think this is especially a great idea when Nic is on the bench.

Last year when Nic was off the floor, our half court offense grounded to a halt. While picking up the tempo may result in an uptick in turnovers, you've got to assume that we can get some easy buckets too.

They would be very effective running more up tempo with Nic in the game imo.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby ojaipony » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:10 am

Damn, I so agree with this. Let's put in a little "40 minutes of hell" . . .

Also, being born and raised in Memphis (early mid 90s arky team was full of M town boys - saw many of them in high school actually), this is the bball I'm used to so (would LOVE us to get Vick). LB will have it polished, and I'm not sure we run ALL the time, but we should definitely more than last year. Envisioning YM running the floor and BM (MK and Cannen can also run pretty good as bigs), I get downright giddy. Get BenE eligible and make an emphasis on up tempo, and I like our chances against ANYONE.
ojaipony

Previous

Return to Basketball